What does your Live Rig look like ?

• As there are multiple possibilities to use the KPA for live performances, this might be interesting !

Ok, here's my live setup ( for the moment :P )

Guitar to:
    Lehle Sunday Driver - Modtone Vintage wah - Ernie Ball Volume Pedal -
    TheGigRig Midi8 looper/switcher (8 presets per bank) switches the Kemper + GigRig power supply

Analogman KOT (Loop 1)
    Lovepedal Picklevibe (Loop 2)
    Neo Instruments Ventilator (Loop 3)
    Demeter Tremulator (Loop 4)

KPA:
    Main stereo out to PA
    Monitor out to RCF NX-12SMA

I love the sound of my pedals, especially the Picklevibe and the Ventilator have an unique sound !

The GigRig gives me 8 presets per Bank what most other Midiswitchers don't.

The RCF is just great !

Since i'm using this setup, rehearsing and gigging has become less stressing (great sounds at lower volumes) and i setup in 5 minutes - soundcheck included ! The soundguys love the KPA !

To me the KPA is the best piece of guitar amplification gear i ever had !

Just happy with it ! :D :D :D

• Guitar >>> Line6 Relay G50 >>> KPA. Main out to FOH, monitor out to QSC K10

Controller: a very old FC-50 and a Boss dual switch for Boost/Drive (soon to be substituted by a proper GCP+ ME Exp pedals)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• My live rig is very complicated:

Guitar-cable-Koch Studiotone :D

But I'll try the KPA live in the next time too - did not know which active monitor to use yet.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• HI Reznor,

I'm waiting for my KPA replacement right now (can't wait..) and I'm very interested on RCF NX-12SMA, I read the thread on fractal forum,

the general consensus there was that this monitor sounds VERY good and really "hi-fi" clear with the Axefx,

my question is : how do KPA+ RCF NX compare to a real tube head+ 1x12 or 2x12 cab on medium to high gain sounds ?

I only demoed the KPA on a FBT stage monitor (not the verve 12ma, I don't recall the model but I guess it was some entry/mid-level model, nothing fancy), while the cleans and slightly overdriven sounds were excellent, on medium to high gain sounds I had the impression of a bidimensional sound, I guess because of the not so good monitor.

Does the RCF delivers that "amp in the room" feeling? especially on dirt sounds?

Fabio

• Hi Fabio,

Honestly, I didn't have the opportunity to check many other monitors, and i bought the RCF because of good reviews and the fact it has the features i wanted.

The sound of the RCF corresponds to what's coming out of our PA (QSC system - don't - know which one).
    That's what was important to me.
    I can tweak my rigs on the RCF and that's what goes FOH. No more bad microphone positioning and nasty EQ Settings through the PA.

If i play smaller venues i just use this

http://www.thomann.de/gb/deeflexx_h1_edition.htm

with the RCF in the upright position and it works fine ! Here you have that amp in the room feeling and the RCF pushes really hard, if you want it to.

I think you have to tweak your rigs to make them sound really natural, just not to much of reverb and delay and there you go.

I found most of the factory presets too fancy, but if you bring them down to a really basic amp sound, you can't tell what's the Amp and what's the monitor.

You should check out the Blind test KPA QSC 2xK12 vs Hughes and Kettner Duotone valve amp here:

http://kemper-amps.com/forum/i…ighlight=HUGHES#post17924

Cheers,
    reznor

• thanks Raznor,

I just discovered that there is RCF NX on demo in a music store 2h driving from home,

I'll definitely give it a try as soon as I get the KPA back :thumbup:

• When you say 'stereo out to foh' you mean that you plug the two L and R xlr outputs to a single channel in the mixer with a proper Cable?