Noise gate

• What do you guys think of the Kemper noise gate? I'm currently using Sheguitarplayer's EVH lead2 profile (by the way, thanks a lot) , gain at 3-4 pm (ok, it's a lot of gain but I'm talking here about HIGH GAIN profiles) and the noise is still there when I stop playing even if the intensity is around 5.0 . Even if I turn the noise gate all the way up (and I don't wanna do it because it alters the sound) the noise doesn't completely go away. I really think that it lacks a few parameters (the usual ones) that are needed when using high gain amps. Am I missing something? Maybe a secret menu where I can find threshold, ratio, attack , release???

You're not deep, you're not an intellectual, you're not an artist, you're not a critic, you're not a poet...you just have internet access

• Agree with Tyler, the NG works really good, lot better than Rocktron stuff. Check your input/output settings and the cab volume.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Noise gate works fine here - the only thing here: There is a lot of noise on high gain rigs in case NO guitar cable is connected to the KPA.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Noise gate works fine here - the only thing here: There is a lot of noise on high gain rigs in case NO guitar cable is connected to the KPA.

If you save your rigs, make a factory restore and re-load you rIgs it will go away

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• If you save your rigs, make a factory restore and re-load you rIgs it will go away

Ive done a factory restore and re-loaded my rigs and i still have lots of noise when my guitar cable is unplugged its very loud the same as it was before factory restore. When im plugged in its super quiet and have no noise issues at all. anyone else having this problem?

• Back to my noise gate problem...looks like spending some time with noise gate+clean sense+ dist sense can make a difference. I still think that some regular parameters would be more handy, anyway better today than yesterday. Thanks again for your suggestions guys

You're not deep, you're not an intellectual, you're not an artist, you're not a critic, you're not a poet...you just have internet access

• If you save your rigs, make a factory restore and re-load you rIgs it will go away

Please give me more info's! What is the hint behind factory restore, reload the rigs to have no problems with the noisegate???

• Please give me more info's! What is the hint behind factory restore, reload the rigs to have no problems with the noisegate???

Mixing up things: I was talking about the high level of noise with nothing plugged in. That is a consequence (IMHO) of return levels not resetting properly after a profiling session and it happened to me as well. I've resolved it saving all my rigs (I actually exported them from the last backup file) and made a restore of the backup I did on day 1 (factory rigs and factory settings), than I re-imported my rigs. problem solved

• Mixing up things: I was talking about the high level of noise with nothing plugged in. That is a consequence (IMHO) of return levels not resetting properly after a profiling session and it happened to me as well. I've resolved it saving all my rigs (I actually exported them from the last backup file) and made a restore of the backup I did on day 1 (factory rigs and factory settings), than I re-imported my rigs. problem solved

Ahhh... thanks for the details, now I understand it! :thumbup: