Is this a good interface? Connecting Kemper?

• I ordered my Kemper profile rack a few days ago and it is scheduled to arrive this Saturday.

I don't have a audio interface, so I am thinking about buying this Focusrite Scarlett 18i20... Is this a good interface for use with the Kemper?

I will only be using the interface with the Kemper, I don't think preamps in it etc matter because I record keyboard direct to Reaper with USB, and I use drum software, my music is instrumental so there's no vocals, so that's all I do or have need for.

The Axe Fx I sold had a interface built in, so I was connecting my Adam A7X's to it with a pair of Mogami XLR cables female on one end and male on the other. From what I can tell these cables will be useless with the Kemper/Adam A7x/Focusrite?

I mean it looks like I will need Male XLR on the cable end that connects to the Adam A7X and a 1/4 TRS end to connect to the Focusrite or the Kemper? And if so does the Kemper have monitor outs that are 1/4 trs so that I can use the monitors plugged direct into Kemper until I get the Focusrite interface?

I tried to read some previous posts here to under stand is it best to connect Kemper to Interface with SPIDIF or by using a pair of 1/4 trs/trs cables... I still don't understand which is preferred.
    I am thinking that maybe the general consensus was if recording or re amping then use spidif, but if just playing use the trs cables?

I just wanted to make sure I'm buying a good interface that will sound good with the kemper, and make sure that I know what kind of cables I need to buy.
    I tried reading past posts in the forum and watched several videos on youtube but I'm still confused or unsure about these things.

Thanks.

• SPDIF makes reamping and recording a breeze. More so over TRS cables. There is also no AD/DA conversion taking place with SPDIF.

Some people like to however record their DI with a DI box like a Countryman Type 85 or a Little Labs Redeye and then reamp either using the SPDIF or analog, sending the signal out of the Scarlett back into the input of the Kemper, then out to the Scarlett.