Overdriven/Clipping Sound But Input/Output Still Green?

• So I just picked up a used Kemper power head and Matrix Q12 (passive). I'm going from the monitor out to the input of the speaker. Both the input and output levels are fine (very occasionally flashes red but more or less always green) however once I strum hard I get this clipping/overdriven sound. It's sort of harsh/fuzzy and doesn't sound right. This is across all rigs. Reducing the master volume, rig volume and gain doesn't seem to improve things - the overdriven/clipping sound still remains if I strum hard. Also the overall volume level is fairly low. Reducing clean sens doesn't make a huge difference either. And I've got the cab enabled on all rigs.

I've tested the kemper going from the speaker out into a real cab with all settings the same and the overdriven/clipping sound is immediately gone and the volume is also noticeably louder. Sounds great this way. Plugging back into the Matrix cab using monitor out and the clipping sound is back and volume drops. I tried resetting general settings and it hasn't made any difference. I don't think there's an issue with the Matrix speaker because I played through it with the kemper a week earlier and it sounded fine.

I'll try the speaker using something else to make sure it's not faulty. In the meantime are there any other settings I should be looking at?

• If all else fails, make sure you have the latest firmware installed, and as a next to last resort, perform a unit reset.

Hoping you are not having the problem I had with my first Kemper, bought as a factory refurb. It had a similar problem using the Alternate input, everything was fuzzy sounding after a few minutes of use, and no settings changes or different profiles would remove the distortion. It was eventually determined that it was a hardware problem, but Kemper immediately sent me a new in box unit after they got the tracking number on my return. That one has worked perfectly. Kemper has exceptional customer service.

• It's okay - I'm an idiot. As paults pointed out I was using the wrong output (should have been using the speaker out with passive monitor). Checked this morning and now sounds perfect using the speaker out. No sign of any damage to the kemper luckily.

Thanks to everyone for their help!