Issues with OS update via USB Stick

• I have a profiler that has OS 3.3x and I am trying to update to the latest from the website, 5.1x. It appears that I can't use a new enough PC software to the the update via PC, I must use a USB stick. I have tried two different sticks, my unit recognizes them, formats them correctly, and I can back up rigs to the USB stick. However, copying over the KAOS.BIN file to either the Operating System folder or root folder and re-inserting into kemper and I never get a notification to update the OS -- I have tried booting with it in, inserting it when it is in browse mode, etc nothing works. I have tried powering up with EXIT depressed and attempting to run directly from the USB drive with KAOS.BIN in the root directory -- it tells me that the file is invalid. I found one very old forum thread where someone had an identical problem, but there was no resolution posted. Anyone had this come up? Fix?

Thanks!

• For those that may encounter this problem (probably not many since newer units are shipping with OS that can be updated by rig manager), I found that copying over files using mac instead of PC worked for me. I am certain that I followed all best practices and the only change was the computer used to copy the files. I am not saying PCs are incompatible, but clearly there was an issue with the particular PC I was using.

• I use a mac so may be different, but after I formatted my usb I had first added all the files into the the os folder and it didnt work, I went back deleted everything from the os folder and copied and pasted the 1 kaos file inserted it and it immediately worked. Not sure but I would just make sure there is just the one file in the os folder

• Have you tried re-downloading the OS file? Maybe the file IS invalid.

Yep I tried that and I also tried multiple OS files (beta and released) just in case. No dice. Very strange.

• I use a mac so may be different, but after I formatted my usb I had first added all the files into the the os folder and it didnt work, I went back deleted everything from the os folder and copied and pasted the 1 kaos file inserted it and it immediately worked. Not sure but I would just make sure there is just the one file in the os folder

Yep I tried every combination you could think of, I am a computer savvy person so I believe I followed all best practices.... What worked for me was switching from that particular PC to my MAC. I may try it again on a different PC I have just to debug when I get the time, maybe next time I upgrade and I will report back.