Expression Pedal Latency/Lag

• Hi,

I recently purchased a FAMC Liquid Foot+ 12+ and it's great. I've used two different methods of controlling the Kemper prior to this, one was a Line 6 HD500 in browse mode and the other a Boss two button footswitch and modified Crybaby wah in performance mode. Both had worked well for me.

Since getting the Liquid Foot I've used it with the Crybaby (modified with a 10k pot) but I've not been able to overcome a problem. The expression pedal suffers from a significant lag/latency. I've asked on the FAMC forum and I'm starting to think the problem lies in the Kemper, especially as when moving the pedal, the calibration page on the LF has a graphic display which tracks perfectly with the movement.

When the expression pedal is connected directly to the Kemper, it works properly. When it is connected via the Liquid Foot, there's a lag. If I move the pedal slowly, it tracks perfectly. However, if I move it fast the Kemper doesn't keep up. So much so that if I was to waggle it forward and back three or four times, even once the pedal is stationary, the expression pedal page on the Kemper will continue to show the values changing until they have caught up. This can last a good few seconds.

Any thoughts?

Running OS 5.1.1..... Whatever the rest of the numbers are!

• You're not alone- but try Support.

I did. They suggested that the Liquid Foot is sending too much MIDI information causing a backlog.

I contacted FAMC (manufacturers of Liquid Foot) they suggested that there is a fault within the Kemper OS.......

• Well, with the help of an expert (I'm guessing an employee of FAMC) on their forum, I have resolved the problem.

I was trying to use the Kemper to route one expression pedal to multiple purposes without considering the LF for the task. Out of ignorance, I had not realised that I could program the LF to change expression pedal CC numbers.....

Therefore for each profile I call up with the Liquid Foot, it has the relevant CC assigned to it and the Kemper has all of the 'Morph to wah' type switches deactivated. Flawless tracking now!!

Edited once, last by chu ().