Kemper midi (send)

• Hi
    Is there anyone out there who really understands midi?

I've got a Roland integra 7, it's a keyboard sound module.

I'm trying / I'd like to expand the performance part of the kemper so that when I change a performance it sends a "clever" midi command (similar to a program change) to the integra to change a studio set.

Hope that makes sense

Do you know if the kemper can send "clever" midi commands?

Thanks in advance...
    8)

• Don't know, what "clever" MIDI commands are!?

The Profiler can send up to two program changes, whenever a Slot is loaded in Performance Mode. How to do it is described in the Reference Manual. That's as "clever" as it gets for the time being.

• Thanks Burkhard

I'll have a good read of that part

I don't really understand midi that well. I think I understand the program change function (send a number, the module changes patch to suit) , but I think I'll need to send a more complicated messages as I'm changing studio sets (msb, lsb?)

Thanks for your help

• Don't know, what "clever" MIDI commands are!?

The Profiler can send up to two program changes, whenever a Slot is loaded in Performance Mode. How to do it is described in the Reference Manual. That's as "clever" as it gets for the time being.

Burkhard

I need to send 085 as the msb, 000 for lsb, and then the program number 0-64

I'm not near my kemper, but looking at what you said above does it mean I can't do it?

Thanks for your help

• You can only send the program change (0-127).

But if your receiving device is already set to MSB 85 and LSB 0 and these stay the same anyhow, program changes might be sufficient.

• Frankly, I think you are asking the wrong device, (the KPA) to send the message to the Integra.

If you had any decent MIDI footswitch, you could send messages to both the KPA and the Integra to get them to the
    parameter settings you want at the same time.

I have a very complex setup that includes analog and digital gear, all of which I can control with my RJM Mastermind GT.
    For what you want to do, the MMGT is overkill. But most moderately priced ($250 to $400) MIDI footswitch controllers can send combination
    messages with control change + MSB + LSB.

Check out the Keith McMillen Instruments Softstep, the Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro, and the Source Audio Soleman for example.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.