Kemper effects in "loop"?

• Hi,

I have been trying to emulate my other guitarist's rig - a Laney IRT15 with a 10-band EQ in the loop, a Mooer mini-TS type boost (turned on for solos) and a GE-7 in front of the amp.

I have failed miserably at getting decent Profiles myself. As a new approach, I tried setting my DXR10 next to his rig and plugging my guitar into an A/B pedal so that I could make changes to EQ, apply EQ pedals and various other changes on the fly in an attempt to get a comparable sound.

I'm not bothered about cloning his sound....but I do need a sound that can keep up with his.

I decided to try tweaking other IRT profiles from RE and even my favourite rig "Slash Tone" which I've modified.

Anyhow, I got near, but no cigar.....there is a sweetness on his rig when playing high notes which I think is significantly imparted by the EQ in the loop. The lead sound when his boost goes on is awesome too - as I said before, his boost is in the loop.

I need to do lots more experimenting but the Green Scream gets nowhere near, even with the gain all the way down (as his pedal is set) and starts to feedback as the volume is increased.

Anyhow, is there a way to emulate having these pedals between the pre amp and poweramp? I've noticed there is a parallel path function, but this seems to put the pedals after the amp altogether.....and having tried it, doesn't have the desired effect....

As I say, lots more playing to do....but it's interesting.

Cheers,
    Andy

PS - I "popped to the studio" and spent the best part of 3 hours on the above!

• I think the best solution is profiling (you just wont get the same feel/tone from the FRFR compared to laney through cab through).

Does the kemper profile the amp better without the EQs? May be worth a try...

• I tried without the EQ in front and it was a little better. I could try without the EQ in the loop but the sound will be different again.

Any idea on where Kemper effects can be positioned in the chain?

Thanks,
    Andy