Kemper return and warranty questions.

• I'm interested in the KPA but without any way to try out the unit for myself before I buy.

Return questions: I wonder if Kemper offers a no questions asked return policy? Or is this just up to the policy of the particular dealer?

Warranty question: If I need to repair a KPA where does it get sent? Does it have to go back to Germany?

I'm in the USA.

• Warranty question: If I need to repair a KPA where does it get sent? Does it have to go back to Germany?

I'm in the USA.

I think this is the 3rd time this question has been asked without a reply, i've asked the same and someone else has asked it..anyways i assume the US dealers will have some training to do that, but not sure only Kemper would know the correct answer.

• I'm not in the USA, but in Switzerland.

Currently, there's no local dealer that carries the KPA, so I ordered mine from Thomann in Germany.
    I had a couple of smaller issues that I reported to the hotline - my KPA is working, I have occasional weird behavior during reboot, which I thought were firmware issues. They decided that I should send it back and get a replacement.

Since everything that's sent from Germany to Switzerland and back has to go through customs, there are a few formalities which kept Thomann from sending me a new KPA right away. If I'd send mine back, they'd have to wait for it, fill out the custom papers for a replacement shipping and then send it back to me. That's about 3-4 days transit each way plus a weekend in between
    plus the time they need to process it. I guess it would have taken close to two weeks from the day I would have sent my KPA back until get a new one.

So I called up the KPA hotline in Germany, and asked them nicely if they could already ship the replacement if I gave them my credit card # as a security. They'll send me a new KPA tomorrow and I'll send mine back once the new one arrives. Zero downtime!

That's what I call customer service. :)

Thanks Burkhard, Katja & Co.

• I'm sure Kemper eventually will have repair places in as many counties as possible, it will make life easier for everyone, I bought from Sweetwater in there USA which offers a 2 year warranty, so I'll let them deal with it, if I have any problems. :)