Big Hairy Profiles

• Well... I'm sure we've all been there. "I have all the profiles I need.. I don't need to buy any more". I felt this way for a while. Between MBritts 70 super lead and top Jimi's 74 super lead and caswell modded marshall, I have the tone of my dreams. then I kept reading posts by Demi84 who doesn't so much fully s*** on the Kemper..... he... we will say.... kinda just farts in its mouth a little. he's a fantastic guitar player and I noticed he keeps writing about the limitations of the profiler but how great Big Hairy Profiles are so I looked into it. let me tell you, he is completely right. basically these are the tones I never thought I'd ever get. Everything I want in a guitar tone is contained within his ADA MP1 and Sold88 packs. they just ooze with that biting yet full bodies 80s tone. there are many other great tones from the whole clean to saturated spectrum. Michael is also a super great guy to talk too.. like mBritt. I highly recommend checking these out!!

• Many people doing great profiles. but yes, I must admit, when I first tried Big Hairy profiles, I was like daumn -- and I still really have the same impression, testing these in tracks. The reason I originally bought profiles from his store is I had some exchanges with him about profiling and shared some similar views.

Thing is Michael Nielsen (who is the man behind big hairy profiles) really knows his stuff, including "struggles" of profiling, however minuscule these may be. He is quite objective in his approach and is also well aware of how to achieve certain tones with his gear. I was going through some of his profiles and suddenly thought I sounded like Steve Morse (not played as well as him, of course, but the tone was weirdly similar).

Then I looked at the profile and it read... "Morse"! Which is quite amazing really, that Nielsen managed to capture not only an amp (I think this is a Jubilee) but nail the tone/feel of a guitarist using that amp to this level. Plenty of experiences like this playing his profiles when I've "felt" the expertise of the person behind them for these kinds of tones (and others too, wide range).

Of course much of this is a matter of taste too. But there's still a massive difference between me doing profiles of amps and him (Nielsen) doing the same, which speaks to the accuracy of KPA imho, as it reflects his skills; or even between him and others making great profiles, in the sense that there are obvious differences/variety in tone and feel between them. For my own taste and uses Big Hairy profiles is up there for sure.

Edited 7 times, last by Dimi84 ().