Playing through an Orange 2x12 (120w) for live use and bedroom levels

• Hi Guys,

So, I just got my Kemper and played through it for the first time today.

Firstly, the built in presets are damn good. I played through the built in EVH head and it's awesome. However, it's so so loud!

I'm running through a cab, so instead of turning the "Cabinet" button off on the front panel, I've gone into output section and checked "Monitor Cab Off". I assume this does the same but still allows cab simulation on FOH.

What I'm concerned about is playing it through my Orange PPC212 120w cab at live volumes over a drum kit. As it's 16 Ohms, it's essentially taking 300w instead the 600w that the Kemper can achieve at 8 Ohms... but I'm still unsure as to how far I can push this thing without blowing the cab. Anyone have any experience with this ordeal?

Also, I'm having to turn down the master or rig volume to around 2 when I practise... in the manual it says that this doesn't effect the tone but are there any settings I'm missing? Are there any pointers for playing a lower volumes?

One more thing... I've been advised to turn the XLR main outs to -30 and set the master knob to not control that volume....how do I do that?