{GoT} rage(RATM) *Perf Edition* 'Guerilla Radio' playthru up

• "WHAT'S WITH ALL THE RAGE?!" we hear you cry...! Well...

GAME OF TONES is proud to release the: GoT PERFORMANCE SERIES

Announcing the:

GoT rage (RATM) EDITION

http://gameoftonesprofiles.wix…gotrageperformanceedition

Plug into the GoT rage EDITION and GET YOUR RAGE ON NOW...!

• The GAME OF TONES rage against the machine PERFORMANCE EDITION bundle includes 12 of RATM's most notable tracks spanning their simply immense back catalogue

...and includes KEMPER PERFORMANCE SLOTS for each of these ready-to-riff!

EACH performance slot covers each of the dissected sections of the tracks (NOT just Intro/Verse/Chorus/Solo but also Outros/Overdubs etc. as well as intricate; detailed, additional most-kickass guitar parts selected from the records!)

MORE TO COME !

• INCLUDES stellar, raw ('base') studio profiles selected from across the high-end GoT amp collection ...

FRIEDMAN BUTTERSLAX

SOLDANO AVENGER

SPLAWN QUICK ROD

PEAVEY 5150

VOODOO DELUXE-MODDED PEAVEY 5150

DIAMOND SPITFIRE II

ALL feature...

with KPA effects then built on-top for an all-in-one 'ITB' (In The Box) true rage experience...

• We all know how much Morello likes his effects - and to excellent ... effect results ? ;);)

The GoT rage edition bundle is designed to mirror the recorded productions as closely as possible; whilst retaining 'cut-through' for live-use and to even not require any additional external effects ! (all aboard the Kemper train!)

It therefore... INCLUDES ACCURATE FX & SLOTS SCULTPED AT GIGGING VOLUME

...that work equally well in live scenarios as playing along to the records at home!

• Do you have sound samples? I used to play in a RATM tribute band. I was able to create almost all the sounds I needed with the Kemper, but for one sound, I needed a digitech whammy. I actually brought one to every gig, just because of this.

• Do you have sound samples? I used to play in a RATM tribute band. I was able to create almost all the sounds I needed with the Kemper, but for one sound, I needed a digitech whammy. I actually brought one to every gig, just because of this.

Afternoon MtotheEikel ... Absolutely - they will come ;) including a LIVE showreel ... There's actually a couple dotted around now - I'll add them here in due course !

Good stuff! This edition will be perfectly suited to help you reminisce then :) -- the only sound I'm not happy with 100% is for the Wake Up solo (which is fortunately very short as I'm sure you will know...) the tremolo on the KPA doesn't seem to cut-it simply because it lacks 'square wave' functionality *currently* - however, we feel our workaround carries it off and gets the job done if you simply adjust your picking timing to get a good rhythm from that 1 slot; it's near enough for an audience to not pick up on.

Hopefully the trem on the KPA will see update/upgrade one day as has been "feature requested" at which point we'll upgrade the slot and ergo the edition - as bundle evolution & updates are included FREE as standard.

Out of curiosity; which sound, effect and from which track(s) are you referring to ? Everything else aside from the 1 slot mentioned above I feel we've nailed.

Best,

GoT

• I used to play the wake up solo with a kill switch, not with a tremolo and I think that's what Morello is doing, so no need for a tremolo there.
    I needed the Whammy for the "broken" sound in the verse of bullet in the head and a few other songs. How do you achieve this sound?

• I just watched a live video of wake up and Morello is playing it with his Telecaster, which doesn't have a killswitch. He isn't using a tremolo, as he's just picking the notes with his fingers:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• He is known for mixing things up live!

And yeah Tele for Wake Up is his go-to; I've seen different live versions of it where he'll use harmonizers or switch his hand from beneath the neck to over it for alternating notes... All sorts!

But alas on the record it has a reasonably severe stutter/slicer/trem going on with talkbox -type wah/harmonizer...also hooray for boobies!

• I used to play the wake up solo with a kill switch, not with a tremolo and I think that's what Morello is doing, so no need for a tremolo there.I needed the Whammy for the "broken" sound in the verse of bullet in the head and a few other songs. How do you achieve this sound?

Afternoon again MtotheEikel!

Apologies - somehow managed to miss this post entirely the other day (possibly due to the lengthy quote of ours with a short reply from yourself) and only noticed the post with the video attached (I blame it on the distracting boobies ;)...!) Anyhow, on the record it's a difficult sound to replicate; it's more of a tremolo than Morello's renowned selector switch - as you rightly pointed out his Tele doesn't make use of one and likely wasn't used for it... This is why live he's not replicating it in such a way. It sounds like a square wave tremolo or stutter/slicer mixed with other fx such as wah/talk box - there's even a hint of an effect John Frusciante used on 'Throw away your television' (RHCP's) I forget the name now but it's something along the lines of 'step sequencer' and I remember using a Line6 FM4 or something similar that nailed that particular effect - but on Wake Up it's almost like without the 'steps' - similar sound though - anyways! we've included the trem on the slot so you can use it if you wish or simply disengage it and use a selector (kill) switch or alternative of your choosing if you so desire (or even use both as we have done previously to good, ahem, effect!) The point is it's there as an option - and it's the closest option available from Kemper 'ITB' (as it currently stands!)

Thanks for engaging though - do love conversing about it :)

Riff on

• Oh and for the 'broken' BITH verse; modulation & pitch shifting.... for the slot.

Along with killswitch & trem/whammy (bar) whatever you want to call it! rhythmically worked obviously...

• Oh and for the 'broken' BITH verse; modulation & pitch shifting.... for the slot.

Along with killswitch & trem/whammy (bar) whatever you want to call it! rhythmically worked obviously...

I'd be interested in hearing a sample. Pitch shifting didn't do it for me, because it's polyphonic and thus didn't sound like a whammy with 2 octaves up.

Regarding Wake up, you're probably right. A square wave tremolo should do it there.

• I'd be interested in hearing a sample. Pitch shifting didn't do it for me, because it's polyphonic and thus didn't sound like a whammy with 2 octaves up.
    Regarding Wake up, you're probably right. A square wave tremolo should do it there.

Sure thing! I'll aim to get one down soon just for you MtotheEikel <3

Plenty of samples / demos / show reels / riffs galore will come ! - just swamped currently in the GoT CUSTOM SHOP along with everything else :)

There's a couple/few different options for pitch shifting/whammy on the Kemper - rest assured; if it wasn't close enough I would have implemented my Whammy DT into my Kemper rig ;) !

In all honesty, not to sound big-headed in any way, shape or form ...really quite chuffed (the following may give you a little insight of the efforts and standards I have for rigs & sounds...) with how it all plays out live (and even the simplicity of playing along to records as it happens as a lovely side-affect of all the work & effort!) with a lot less focus on tap dancing and switching settings between songs etc.etc. and thereby enhanced opportunity to enjoy the playing/riffing/moments and shows more (also further concrete validation for just ONE of the reasons I originally opted for Kemper - that all of it can be carried off in one small & light box with just ONE cable to the remote - still blows my mind to this day actually how happy that makes me haha!) ... ON TOP of the songs/riffs/FX all simply just kicking ass!!! (And thereby making it a great bundle edition anyways :thumbup: )

Prior to my KPA days I had implemented a H&K Grandmeister36 head into a rack scenario - (quite ingeniously too if I do say so myself! I like things neat/compact/light & efficient with as little risk/setup & fuss as possible so that focus & energy can be better funnelled elsewhere and love everything involved in putting rigs together !) and had a TC G System brain in the same rack (I really do love ONE cable from backline to floor...! haha) with all the pedals required hooked up and installed safely in the rack also as some of the TC effects weren't doing it for me enough!!! + controlled via the G Sys loops & MIDI (where available); for example with the Whammy DT you could even rack that and have your exp pedal on the floor telling the Whammy DT in the rack whether the Whammy treadle was in HD or TD position! ... was much more effort to program it all (plus probably double the weight and quadruple the wires at the very least that's for sure! But still absolutely worth it... And likely less hassle than tweaking between each song/etc. Just! now that I think about it - but like I say - do love setting up rig scenarios!) Actually have some photos of that somewhere I'll try and dig out sometime! I'm not sure if I may have digressed here ?!

Have a good day! And riff on

• I'd be interested in hearing a sample. Pitch shifting didn't do it for me, because it's polyphonic and thus didn't sound like a whammy with 2 octaves up.

Here it is @MtotheEikel - sorry for the delay (in getting it done... Not 'delay' with regards to FX/audio/etc. haha!)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

riff on.

• Going to start adding some

:P:saint: playthroughs of the tracks/slots tomorrow or Weds... Don't expect anything too polished or lengthy though haha - will be just to demo the different tones/slots/FX etc. readily available in the edition ...

rage on!

Ps. You can save 25% off the bundle price for ONE WEEK ONLY by ordering with the code on our FINAL Weekly Special Instagram Deal!
    :thumbup:

• BULLS ON PARADE

(rough play-through : provides an insight of the performance slots..)

In the edition, we have included useful features; including FX alternatives/options for added flexibility/choice and in this instance, TRANSPOSE (on the first STOMP in each slot scenario so that it is affecting your signal as should: ie. before any other FX/STACK/post-amp chain etc.) this is of-course because Bulls is half a step down in eb ... However, you may not wish to tune down, for example, if playing live and your guitar isn't setup for it or it doesn't suit or your vocalist wants it in standard -- perhaps your bassist simply can't be bothered! :thumbdown::P

Therefore the GoT rage EDITION Bulls On Parade performance slots all come with the transpose function dis-engaged but present : just click (and STORE if you prefer...) to have them immediately all shifted down that 1/2 step to mirror the recorded version's tuning precisely ;) - this is reflected in the clip below (where you can hear the downshift whilst demo-ing the riffs from the track and clicking the transpose FOOTSWITCH on the remote - all READILY ASSIGNED if you have a Kemper Remote present & installed!)

ie. the riff is played in standard - then the transpose in STOMP A is engaged to shift down and the riff is re-played, check it out! ...

AND RAGE ON!

External Content soundcloud.com

• Thanks! This sounds similar to what I was getting out of the Kemper. I prefer a real whammy. Have you played a Whammy with 2 octaves up and hit several strings at once? This is what you need there (at least this is what I needed). The Kemper pitch shifting effects are polyphonic and do their job really well, that's why the Kemper can't match this sound (at least it didn't do it for me).

The Bulls demo sounds better! If you're interested, I can try to record some samples for you.
    I know quite a few RATM songs ;)

• Thanks! This sounds similar to what I was getting out of the Kemper. I prefer a real whammy. Have you played a Whammy with 2 octaves up and hit several strings at once? This is what you need there (at least this is what I needed). The Kemper pitch shifting effects are polyphonic and do their job really well, that's why the Kemper can't match this sound (at least it didn't do it for me).
    The Bulls demo sounds better! If you're interested, I can try to record some samples for you.
    I know quite a few RATM songs ;)

Yup - as I mentioned in post 14 above; used to run a DT Whammy via MIDI from a TC G Sys and the Kemper effect does a near-enough job of replicating this that it saves carrying all that extra weight and stuff around! It's close enough to not lose any vibe from the track - which was important to us

May well take you up on that at some point ! Know a fair few ourselves ;) but would be cool to get someone else's playing style / 'finger-tone' as demos further down the line

Stay tuned for more *rough* play-throughs!

And you can always order the pack if you don't want the pain of configuring everything yourself - saves time AND hassle...! Plus it's lovely just to load up and jam along with the records straight-off-the-bat ; swoon haha! We feel it's reasonably priced for everything included but you can still get discounts now & again if you keep your eyes peeled

Rage on!

• I'm really liking the sound examples provided for PE of Ratm right here I tell ya! The reality is I used to own all the pedals and amp (JCM800-2205) for the setup, including ver.1 whammy, Ibanez flanger, tr-2, dd-3, phase 90 and eq!

I spent 2500 bucks on that setup and really liked it but being able to pull off 99% of those sounds with this pack and the KPA is genius. A price that is more than reasonable, and includes future updates to boot, sweet! Of course, everyone wants a deal haha! ;)

I cannot wait to hear more clips, or vids what have you. This is on my list very soon as a must have. I miss RATM, but not for much longer, I'm gassin' for this PE. :D

Cheers