FRFR Cab For Guitar And Bass On The Same Gig?

• I've read lots of posts on the FRFR vs guitar cab and I'm cool with the benefits and compromises both ways.
    Just landed a gig where I'll be bass half the night and guitar the other half.
    My Kemper has always just been racked at the studio but suddenly I see taking it out.
    Do you folks think or know if I grab and a FRFR cab can it handle both duties sonically.
    Specific cab recommendations are always appreciated too ;)
    Didn't see a thread quite like this when I searched....apologies if I missed one.
    Thanks in advance for anyone that cares to weigh in

• Hmm, I've built a cab for double duty myself:, as I wanted to leave the option to play bass open I designed it to go down to 40Hz -3dB. The problem is however that a typical coaxial speaker goed into over-excursion easily, but this one was for home duty. At higher volumes however it would distort quicker than a normal FRFR cab, with the possibility of being damaged.

I would probably suggest a small PA speaker (genre DXR10, K12, ...) coupled with a subwoofer. Keep in mind your FOH system may provide this already, so going direct to FOH may be a "lighter" option.

If you would prefer a real cab you could try that real cab on the monitor out with cab switched off, and sub on master out. I have no clue if that would sound OK :D

• I use a Line 6 L2m for guitar with my KPA. I find it works really well. If you need to do bass as well, Line 6 makes a matching sub, the L3s. It has
    a pole mount built in, and connects to the L2m either with analog or digital cabling. The footprint of both is actually less than 1.5 square feet,
    so stage space is not an issue.

Both the L2m and L3s have DSP modes to do different amplification jobs. The sub has modes called 'extended' and 'ultra' bass. I haven't tried the sub
    personally, so I can't comment on it. Carrying both to a gig would not be fun. However, I haven't heard of a single cab setup that would cover the range
    you'd need to amplify guitar and bass.