Test my rigs please? Rigs for live distorting/rasping through studio monitors.

• Hi,

My main live rig that sounds great through my DXR10 and through PAs at shows.....and also records fine (not saying I've tweaked it to be perfect yet) makes nasty rasping noises through my new JBL LSR305 studio monitors.

I tend to have my guitar very high in the mix when recording to make sure I'm in sync with the drums / click.

Recorded it sounds fine. But playing along with a mix....whether recording or not....it makes very unpleasant distortion / rasping through my JBLs.

My cheap Roland headphones work fine with it.

The chain is Guitar (high output humbuckers) > Kemper > Focusrite 2i4 I have a USB into an iMac for recording, and monitor via the JBLs.

The 2i4 has a halo interface to show levels and it is not clipping (green)....the level on the DAW (Reaper) shows I'm fine too....

Does anyone have studio monitors (JBL LSR305 would be perfect, but any monitors) and experience anything similar?

Would anyone be willing to try out my rig/performance against their home recording set up unless I'm missing something obvious?

I have a limited time in which I can return / exchange the speakers.

The performance is attached (not based on commercial profiles so no worries there). It's basically the "Slash Tone" (AFD100) and the reason I have a performance with 4 variations (identical other than the slot 5 with lots more delay) is the performance was created before I had the remote...and I just used an FS-6 to move up and down through the variations to fit the parts of a particular song!

Incidentally, I have a morph set to move from rhythm to lead which I quite like. With the Remote attached I have a delay that I turn off but there is also another that is 0% mix in heel down....such that I have a fairly dry rhythm sound and then the morph moves to a delay drenched lead tone with other tweaks to stand out.

Anyhow, any input would be most appreciated....your thoughts on the rigs also.

Cheers,
    Andy