Can anyone figure this out? I definitely need help.

• Hey guys, I REALLY need some help because I cannot for the life of me figure this out. Last night I hooked up my TC Electronic Mimiq Doubler to the Kemper and our PA system. Everything sounds great whether listening to it through headphones, or through the PA. Nice fat, doubled sound, no phasing, etc. So I know I’ve got it all hooked up correctly (it’s in the stereo loop of my Kemper, with the main outs set to Master Stereo, and using XLR cables to go into 2 separate channels on our board, each panned hard left and right).

The MAJOR issue I’m having is, when I send a signal from the board back to my in-ears (Sennheiser EW300 G3 system), I’m getting a horrible out-of-phase effect (like a small metal room reverb) because apparently the board aux is in mono. So even though everything is working perfectly out to FOH, somewhere on the way back to my in-ears, it’s summing the stereo down to mono, causing this horrible sound, and then sending that back to my in-ears. I tried using 2 separate aux sends to send one signal to the left stereo return of my in-ears and one to the right, but that doesn’t help because they’re both just sending mono signals to each channel. I tried setting my in-ear transmitter and receiver to both mono and stereo and it still happens.

So my question is, how do I get a signal sent from the board, back to my in-ears without that out-of-phase effect? To my knowledge, most boards have aux sends that are mono. But there must be a way to do this because I’m positive all the pros out there who send stereo signals to their boards want stereo signals in their in-ears too. For me, I don’t even care if the signal being sent back to my ears is mono. All I want is for the stereo/doubler effect to work out front, and then have either a mono or stereo signal sent back to my ears without the out-of-phase effect.

• Our monitors are stereo, we have a behringer X32 and it did require some handy soldering. I put it in a thread a while ago, I'll try and find it

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• "I’m positive all the pros out there who send stereo signals to their boards want stereo signals in their in-ears too". -They are using Monitor mixers that provide multiple stereo mixes.

If you cannot send a stereo signal to your in ears from your mixer, send just one channel of the KPA to your in ears.

Or, get a small submixer, and create your own stereo in ears mix.

• If you cannot send a stereo signal to your in ears from your mixer, send just one channel of the KPA to your in ears.

How do I do this? I'm just confused. Last night I tried doing this from the board by sending a signal from one of my guitar channels on the board, via the aux send and it still had that out-of-phase effect. I'm completely lost here because everything works perfectly through the Kemper and out of the PA. It's just my return signal to my monitors/in-ears that has the phase issue. And the thing is, I need to fix this in a way that works for the other guys too because when they added my guitar into their in-ear mix, they were hearing the phase issue too.

• And just to clarify, as I mentioned, whether the pedal is turned on or off, everything sounds as it should through FOH. Also, when I run everything in stereo with the Mimiq turned OFF, there is no out-of-phase sound in my in-ears. It's only when the pedal is turned on that the out-of-phase effect happens in the in-ears (but FOH still sounds fine).

One final note, if it helps, the primary purpose of this pedal for me is to achieve the layered guitar effect, not necessarily for stereo effects. So if there is a way to get the layered guitars to work but I'd have to give up stereo delays or ping-pong type of effects, I have no issue with doing that.

• If you cannot send a stereo signal to your in ears from your mixer, send just one channel of the KPA to your in ears.

Is there a way to continue to send this stereo signal to the FOH as-is, but then to send a separate signal to the board that has everything EXCEPT the stereo loop in it? If that's possible, then I could send the 2 XLR cables from the Kemper to the FOH to produce the layered effect from the Mimiq, and then this other signal would go into a 3rd channel on the board without the effect and I'd just send that one back to my ears as I normally do. As long as the layered guitars are heard out front and I'm not hearing the out-of-phase effect, I can live with that. I'd prefer to have the layered stereo effect in my ears, but I could live with this alternative.

I guess my only other option would be to use the built in stereo widener of the Kemper, but that doesn't make the guitar sound layered, just adds stereo type of spread.

• You simply have to use 2 mono aux buses send to pre fader and route the audio channels accordingly. Put the left Kemper signal on aux1 and the Kemper right signal on aux2. Then simply connect both aux out to the inputs of your In ear transmitter. That would be all. If you are using a digital mixer like the x32 the buses can be paired to stereo buses.

• You simply have to use 2 mono aux buses send to pre fader and route the audio channels accordingly. Put the left Kemper signal on aux1 and the Kemper right signal on aux2. Then simply connect both aux out to the inputs of your In ear transmitter. That would be all. If you are using a digital mixer like the x32 the buses can be paired to stereo buses.

You'd think that would be it. But that doesn't work. I tried just about every combination I could think of. Any time I used an aux send to send ANY signal back to my in-ears, it had the out-of-phase type sound. So I just decided to buy a small personal monitor mixer. It doesn't solve the issue for the rest of the band, but they don't mind at all. I just now run the Kemper as I did before, stereo XLRs to the board. And I take my aux from the board, send it to my little mixer so I can hear the rest of the band, turn the guitar down completely in that mix, take the headphone output of my Kemper using a TRS split cable that goes from the headphones into 2 channels on my mixer, pan those hard left and right, and then run the outputs of that little mixer to my left and right returns on my IEMs.

• You'd think that would be it. But that doesn't work. I tried just about every combination I could think of. Any time I used an aux send to send ANY signal back to my in-ears, it had the out-of-phase type sound. So I just decided to buy a small personal monitor mixer. It doesn't solve the issue for the rest of the band, but they don't mind at all. I just now run the Kemper as I did before, stereo XLRs to the board. And I take my aux from the board, send it to my little mixer so I can hear the rest of the band, turn the guitar down completely in that mix, take the headphone output of my Kemper using a TRS split cable that goes from the headphones into 2 channels on my mixer, pan those hard left and right, and then run the outputs of that little mixer to my left and right returns on my IEMs.

Maybe your band should consider switching to a used Behringer X32. The smaller versions like the producer sell for like 1000€. Considering the features of this mixer, the price is a joke.

• Maybe your band should consider switching to a used Behringer X32. The smaller versions like the producer sell for like 1000€. Considering the features of this mixer, the price is a joke.

That would only solve the problem with one board. I'm in 2 different bands, meaning both boards would have the same issue. And then I'd also run into the same issue when we play places with their own non-digital boards. There is no ideal solution to this. The pedal will always have that out-of-phase summed down sound when sending a monitor mix of any kind back through a mono aux. So the only way to get around it was to have a separate monitor mixing board (which sucks to have to deal with - but that's what it takes to get the tone right).

• I contacted Mackie since they make the boards that we use in both bands. This was their response (and it makes sense):

"The only way to prevent this is to use the Mimiq on an aux send. The way you have it set up now, the signal is already wet with the effect before it comes into the mixer so there’s no way to remove it with the mixer. The aux’s are mono so you’re always going to get a summed mono. I would use AUX SENDS 1 into your Mimiq, then from your Mimiq back into STEREO RETURNS 1. Use the AUX 1 knob on an individual channel to apply the effect to it. Then use AUX 2 as you monitor send. Aux 2 is pre fader so you will not hear the effect through the monitors."

Unfortunately, that option wouldn't work for me because our boards only have 4 aux sends on them. And the 4 members of the band all use their own aux for their individual in-ear mix. And from what I gather, the suggestion from Mackie would require 2 of those 4 auxes. So it sounds like me buying an extra monitor mixer is the only way to get around this situation. The downside is that while it fixes the problem for the mains and my in-ears, the other 3 guys will still hear the out-of-phase type of sound. If there was a way to use my separate monitor mixer (Allen & Heath ZED-10FX) to get around this and fix it for everyone, I'd be interested in that. But the long story short is, I need 5 auxes and we only have 4.

• I contacted Mackie since they make the boards that we use in both bands. This was their response (and it makes sense):

"The only way to prevent this is to use the Mimiq on an aux send. The way you have it set up now, the signal is already wet with the effect before it comes into the mixer so there’s no way to remove it with the mixer. The aux’s are mono so you’re always going to get a summed mono. I would use AUX SENDS 1 into your Mimiq, then from your Mimiq back into STEREO RETURNS 1. Use the AUX 1 knob on an individual channel to apply the effect to it. Then use AUX 2 as you monitor send. Aux 2 is pre fader so you will not hear the effect through the monitors."

Unfortunately, that option wouldn't work for me because our boards only have 4 aux sends on them. And the 4 members of the band all use their own aux for their individual in-ear mix. And from what I gather, the suggestion from Mackie would require 2 of those 4 auxes. So it sounds like me buying an extra monitor mixer is the only way to get around this situation. The downside is that while it fixes the problem for the mains and my in-ears, the other 3 guys will still hear the out-of-phase type of sound. If there was a way to use my separate monitor mixer (Allen & Heath ZED-10FX) to get around this and fix it for everyone, I'd be interested in that. But the long story short is, I need 5 auxes and we only have 4.

This is why the x32 mixers are great. There is no fixed number of aux aux sends. You can route as many individual mixes as there are mix buses available. Those mix buses then can be assigned freely to either Aux Outs, XLR outs or even outs on a remote digital multicore breakout box.