SPDIF and Windows

• So I've connected Kemper to my Lexicon I-O 82 with SPDIF. Now, I can play through FL Studio with the SPDIF so that I'll hear it through the monitors, but whenever I close FL Studio, Windows 7 doesn't recognize the SPDIF connection from Lexicon and so I won't hear anything.

Do I need a different interface with some desktop software for Windows, so that I don't always need to keep FL Studio on?

Help.

• Is the s/pdif input enabled on the Lexicons own software?

You should be able to hear it without any programs, that's how I always play through the Kemper.

To me it seems that FL Studio enables the spdif input in asio when you turn it on and overrides the soundcards own settings.

Suomeksikin voinee selittää jos tarvetta on :)

• You should be able to hear it without any programs, that's how I always play through the Kemper.

To me it seems that FL Studio enables the spdif input in asio when you turn it on and overrides the soundcards own settings.

Suomeksikin voinee selittää jos tarvetta on

No software for Lexicon, just drivers. Even the manual states:

Any signal coming in on the S/PDIF input is converted to analog and sent to
    the mix control so that you can monitor this input directly (via playback
    only) just like an analog input. The output from the Monitor Mix control is
    routed to the Main outputs and Headphone outputs

However this doesn't seem to be the case?

• Is the Lexicon listed as the "Default" playback device in Windows? This may not be the case, and Windows might be using another audio device for playback when you're not monitoring through FL Studio. In case you don't know how to do this, watch the following video (should be the same procedure for W7):

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

HTH!

• Well I got a reply from Lexicon and the manual is wrong. Problem was in the interface after all:

(via playback only) is the caveat in this case. To Monitor S/PDIF input in semi real time, one must rout its input to an audio track in the DAW and enable input monitoring. “Direct Monitoring” will not function otherwise.

Thanks for the replies guys though, I can always count on the Kemper forums! =D