playback music and kemper at the same time trough monitor

• Hello ,

Im new to kemper and to home recording .

So far ive managed to -playback music from my scarlet focusrite 6i6 to my studio monitor .
    - playback guitar from my kemper with my spdif cable to my focusrite playback on my studio monitor .

But i cant figure out how to playback music from pc and kemper at once . In focusrite controle i only can assign monitor output to 1 signal .

How can i do this? i want to use my kemper for play along songs...

Thx

• I have the Focusrite and have been doing this for years. It's not a Kemper thing, it's a focusrite thing. Have you set up the Kemper as your sound device on your computer? Have you checked Scarlett MixControl to make sure everything is being sent to the correct send?

can you be more specific im kind of noob here .

i have my 6i6 as default playback device . i cant select kemper here .
    can you take screenshots of your focus rite control?

here is how i connect everything :

guitar -> kemper input -> spdif cable -> focusrite ->> 6.3 mm to xlr -> studio monitor

• My setup is pretty straightforward.

Kemper => Focusrite <=> Computer
    |
    Monitors

In Mixcontrol, make sure you're getting a signal from your DAW (usually the 2nd to the right fader). In the routing preset, set Mix 1 (L) in Monitor Output 1 and Mix 1 (R) in Monitor output 2.

That's all there is to it.
    I attached a couple of mixcontrol profiles that I use to switch between everything coming through and guitar only.

Hope this helps
    Scarlett MixControl Profiles.zip

• thx but i cannot open the file preset. u use a 6i6?

but do i need addiational cables?

i just connect the kemper with 1 spdif cable to the focusrite .

and 1 xlr cable from my focusrite to the studio monitor .

this is correct ?