Spdif reamping...yet another question

• hello guys.
    I'm only starting a new discussion just because I think my issue is very (gear/daw) specific.
    I've been recording / jamming exclusively via spdif out -> focusrite -> 6i6 frfr for about two years now without any problems but for the first time last night I was given a few dry di'd guitar tracks in order to reamp them...
    And there's no way to achieve that! I've tried any possible combinations I could come up with, watched tutorials. . Nothing.
    So how on earth do I route the output from the raw track to the input of a new track and make everything in between cooperate? ?
    Running focusrite 6i6 1st gen with mixcontrol and protools 11 latest available ver.

• Connect interface spdif out to kemper in, kemper out to interface in.
    Set your interface as slave, ie. clock source external.

In DAW pan DI track 100% left.
    Pan recorded track 100% right and activate input monitoring on it (ie. you'll hear the recorded signal while recording).
    In Kemper press input soft button to change input setting to spdif reamp.
    Done!

The panning is needed because otherwise you'll get feedback.

• already done all that but I don't seem to be getting any signal back from the kpa and into the armed for recording track. All connections and cables have been triple checked by the way

• so after a few back and forth emails between me and the focusrite cust. support, the issue persists. I can't seem to be able to route the raw track from protools into the kpa and record back into protools the processed signal...