Profiling accuracy

• Today I profiled my Koch StudioTone via the inbuilt loadbox and direct out.

First:
    The profiles sound THIS close to the output of the loadbox regardless if I profile the clean channel, overdrive or overdrive plus - it was spot on all the time. :thumbup:

Second:
    The profiles sound quite nice - when I switched cabinets to use some real cab's it sounded strange - maybe I am just used to the DI sound - I'll check it again tomorrow

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• It's just the statement - the profile is useless to prove what I claim without the amp.

My first test was to profile my AxeFx II - it worked ok - but some of the profiles were not perfect (not bad sounding - some even sounded better than the AxeFX - but they are not spot on).

Profiling amps worked fine but it's not this easy to check how 'perfect' they are - when profiling in the same room (no. I did not record my profiling session).

The Koch has the advantage of an inbuilt load box - by this could I A/B the profile and reference amp - and they are spot on.

Profiling of tube amps works great!

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• Regarding profiling accuracy of tube amps, I've posted some FLACS on my most recent 1958 Deluxe posting which give you 1. Guitar into amp. 2. Guitar into Kemper into amp. 3. KPA profile.

Vintage amp obsessive