Help! Which FRFR?? ASM-12???

• Hey KPA users! I am ready to graduate from headphones and 8" monitors to a pair of FRFR's (stereo goodness) and I am looking at the Friedman ASM-12. There are none around me to physically try :( are people loving the way that the ASM-12 sounds??

• Hey KPA users! I am ready to graduate from headphones and 8" monitors to a pair of FRFR's (stereo goodness) and I am looking at the Friedman ASM-12. There are none around me to physically try :( are people loving the way that the ASM-12 sounds??

This topic has been beaten to death on the forum. Not just the ASM but which FRFR monitors do people recommend. Do a search and you’ll find a bunch of threads already answering your questions. But in general, the majority of the forum recommends the Yamaha DXR series speakers.

I’ve tried both the ASM-12 and the DXR15 and was very underwhelmed by the ASM. The DXR15 is more than most people would ever need, but I always go with excess instead of not enough. If you’re looking to use them in stereo, the DXR15s would put out the kind of volume and pushed air that’d be heard and felt from 3 states away. So unless you’re looking to shake the house that is 1/4 mike down the street from you, I’d probably stay away from 2 if those. Two of the DXR10 monitors would be plenty loud and clear enough. And you can find really good deals on them and save quite a bit of money over the ASM. The ASM is also very heavy, has awkward handle placement, and has fewer input/output options than the DXR series. If money and weight don’t matter, I would personally go with the DXR15 (but again, it may be a lot more volume than you’d ever need).