Wah delay - Figured it out (but still broken)

• I've been complaining for a while about a lag in the wah. I use a Ground Control Pro (MIDI Controller) with a Mission expression pedal and it used to be that the wah (via MIDI CC) was super responsive - I never noticed it wasn't an audio wah.

I had some downtime and went through a few version upgrades... when I was back out playing again I noticed the wah had a delay... it's about an 1/8th note most of the time :)

At first I thought I was crazy so I let it ride. But gig after gig it kept bothering me. I sort of learned to adapt but never could figure it out.

Finally I have it - it's because I have the "WahPedal>Pitch" button set... that causes a delay in reaction.

I can see the MIDI output on my Ground Control Pro - it moves as fast as the pedal.

I can also see the MIDI input on the KPA in the system page - with "WahPedal>Pitch" unchecked, it's fast, with "WahPedal>Pitch" checked... it's got the lag.

Is this a known issue? Does anyone know a workaround of some sort? And no, plugging my control pedal directly into the KPA is not what I'm going to do. It's always the first thing that is suggested when I start threads like this.

• We have tested this again with current software revision 5.4.1 Public Beta. We have used MIDI Ox and a USB/MIDI interface to send MIDI control changes #1, #4, and #7 into the Profiler's MIDI Input. The optical and acoustical delay is in the area of a few milliseconds regardless if we look at the controller itself e. g. sending MIDI cc #11 looking at Morphing or a linked controller like for example the response of Wah ("MorphPedal to Wah").

We also see no logical explanation why the Wah response to cc# 1 should be delayed if Pitch is linked to it. We don't think, that this could have any impact.

• @Burkhard did you watch the video in the thread I linked? I'm happy that I have a completely satisfactory solution but I don't understand the underlying issue. Here's the video again; as you can see the problem only appears when linking the expression pedals within the Kemper.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• We have tested this again with current software revision 5.4.1 Public Beta. We have used MIDI Ox and a USB/MIDI interface to send MIDI control changes #1, #4, and #7 into the Profiler's MIDI Input. The optical and acoustical delay is in the area of a few milliseconds regardless if we look at the controller itself e. g. sending MIDI cc #11 looking at Morphing or a linked controller like for example the response of Wah ("MorphPedal to Wah").

We also see no logical explanation why the Wah response to cc# 1 should be delayed if Pitch is linked to it. We don't think, that this could have any impact.

@'Burkhard I'm with @chu on this one... if you tested it and it works, and we can show you that it doesn't, shouldn't we look for a reason?

I'll be happy to also make a video if you would like.

Clearly there is something else at play... I've been involved with computer software long enough to know that unintended interactions happen even when there is, initially, no logical explanation. Once we figure out what's going on, it will all of a sudden be logical :)