Kemper + FRFR vs. amp cabinet

• I have the go head to finance a relatively modest FRFR system. I'm looking squarely at the EV ELX112P Live. It's a decent size but not crazy heavy (~40lbs), can get very loud I suppose (but also plays nice quietly) and I should be able to grab it via Musicians Friend for a tad over $500. I can't think of another unit that should work out in this price range. I've tried the Atomic FR several times (with the AxeFX) but it never worked out in the end. I feel like the KPA plus the Atomic FR might be stellar because the KPA seems to have a lot more high end content to my ears and I do like the fact I could rest it on top of the Atomic FR like a regular cab, but I can't afford one even used.
    I also have a VHT 1x12 and the EHX Magnum 44 which sounds decent. But the EHX is a mid-level power amp (at best) and my speaker was rebuilt in the VHT (Scumback H55) and is super tight, will require TONS of break in time and is probably not the absolute best fit for use with the KPA anyway...
    I really cannot decide if I should invest more into the traditional power amp + cab approach or try to go back to FRFR.
    Where do you set your KPA when going FRFR anyway? Anyone have a cool, transportable stand?
    Thoughts? If the FRFR approach works I feel like I would have complete consistency between direct to disk recording, nearfield monitors AND live FRFR playing. That is always the ultimate goal for me and until now, I have not been successful. I know Jay Mitchell will be releasing his offering this spring, but it will be out of my budget.

• I actually have had really good luck going FRFR using an RCF 312A (same price point as EV) with the Axe Fx Standard and can only imagine it will sound even better with the KPA.

Funny you mention that option, right after I posted something similar and another person said to look at the RCF. It's actually quite a bit cheaper for me than the EV ELX112P which is awesome. I think I need to give this a shot. Anyone else using the KPA with RCF 312A?

• I'll tell you this, for the money it's tough to beat. I compared it to several other brands when I had the chance at Guitar Center and it was the clear choice in the show room by a long shot. I've probably done about 30 gigs with it- Always meets my needs it every time. I would love to get the NX 12SMA one day but for 1/3 the price, the 312A is holding me over just fine till then.

• I'll tell you this, for the money it's tough to beat. I compared it to several other brands when I had the chance at Guitar Center and it was the clear choice in the show room by a long shot. I've probably done about 30 gigs with it- Always meets my needs it every time. I would love to get the NX 12SMA one day but for 1/3 the price, the 312A is holding me over just fine till then.

Sweet, just ordered an "open box" from ebay (proaudiostar) with full warranty, supposed to be in perfect shape for $380 (US) shipped. Should be here by the weekend, I'm stoked. It will be interesting to hear the FRFR side by side with the power amp + cabinet and really get into the aural differences of each. This will be the first time I will actually be able to afford owning decent examples of both options and do exhaustive comparisons (which I will, maybe even record some "in the room stuff"). I have a Scumback H55 100 watt in the 1x12 that dearly needs to be broken in so I won't make any final decisions until that happens (at least a month). The H55 is actually kind of like a G12H30 in some respects, not neutral at all, but the Scumback version (when fully broken in) is creamy and very sweet... also very versatile for Fender to Marshall to Vox to Mesa = my bread and butter!).
    But I am starting to believe the KPA will be first to really pull off FRFR, mainly because of the great profiling of real, live cabs/speaker interaction with amp. I look forward to learning those Tills cabs as well.