Beginner Questions

• Hi guys! i'm pretty new with the kemper (2 weeks) so i have a few questions for erxpert users:

1 - I've spend some time setting input & output settings but i noticed that when i play at home trough my active studio monitors i can turn the main out knob all the way up without clipping, instead when i use the same settings trough the mixer rearshing with my band the sound goes more over the clip and i have to lower the main out to about - 12,00 db . Can you please tell me how to better set the main out going into the mixer for live situations in performance mode?

2 - I have a 2015 custom shop postmodern Stratocaster and i set clean and distortion sens. in the input section at 0,00. Do i have to raise or lower it? What's the benchmark?

3 -My main purpose is to use the kemper for live gigs with perfomance mode, in your opinion it's right to leave the main out at a fixed value and work with the volume knob for the different rigs? i noticed that the main out does not change the tone instead the volume knob does (maybe i'm wrong). What you recommend?

4 - there's a way to increase the maximum time of recordin with the looper? and also i noticed that once the first loop is done, if i change the rig it changes also the rig of the recorded loop. It's possible to record the loop with a rig and play on it wih another rig?

5 - I would like to pratice and record with kemper sounds on my laptop, what's the right way to connect the kemper with my audio interface ( Steinberg UR MKII)? wich cables i need?

i thank you in advance for your patience with a beginner and i apologize for my incorrect English. :saint::saint::saint:

• Hi Enrico.

I just want to tell you something to point 3 because I use the KPR in the same way:

I always put my favourite Rigs for every single Performance into the different Slots (e.g. Intro, Rhythm, Solo...). I change Volume (and other settings) if needed directly in the rig itself and store it in the slot (I always have the original rig in the KPR or in my different folders in the RM). And I didn't notice a change in tone so far...

"Haben" ist besser als "brauchen". :D