Stereo Setup with Powerhead

• So I am finalizing my decision between the powered and non-powered version of the toaster head.

I have a Xitone MBritt powered FRFR on the way. I also currently have a Hughes and Kettner 2x12 standard cabinet with Vintage 30's.

I am leaning toward the powered version to have options and to also be able to run the Hughes and Kettner 2x12 from the onboard poweramp as well as the Xitone for a stereo setup.

In thinking it thru the only confusion I have on doing this would be....

Would I have to use merged profiles only using that setup in order to turn the cab off going to the Hughes and Kettner 2x12 and allow the full profile thru to the Xitone for the stereo setup. Not sure if I could use studio profiles in a setup like that due to not being able to disable the cab simulation to the H & K 2x12.

Thoughts?

Thanks

• You can disable cab sim in both merged and studio profiles although theoretically the merged ones are better at doing this. In reality I wouldn't worry about it. I'm running a 4x12 cab in the center with two dxr10s in stereo. Sounds massive on both merged and studio profiles.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

Edited once, last by musicmad ().

• just to expand turning off cab on a studio profile is KPA 'guessing' where the amp finished and the cab starts.

A merged profile due to the profiling process knows the amp from the cab and is therefore more accurate.

Merged may be better but they are harder to find.

A good sound is a good sound so it doesn't matter what you do to get there as long as ultimately your like what you're hearing!

Si