Gemini P-1 or Yamaha HS8?

• I’m in the market for a FRFR. speaker to run with my recently purchased powered Kemper. I have a Mesa Boogie 2x12 but find it is extremely muddy sounding.

I’m just using it for practicing at home at moderate volumes. I run the head direct into the PA and use in ears with the band and at shows.

There’s a used passive Mission Engineering Gemini P-1 available locally for $400 (Canadian). Would that be worth purchasing over a single Yamaha HS8? I’ve seen the Yamaha praised on here a lot. They go for about $450 locally. Finally there is also a pair of ALTO TS115 passive pa speakers nearby for $450.

Any suggestions are welcome.

• Gemini 1-P is passive where the others are active. It is a coaxial design so much more cab like, as it’s designed to be. It’s what I use and I’ll take it every day of the week over monitors or PA speakers. If it’s just for at home use and not out and about, any of the options would work in the end.

• Did you mean the Yamaha DXR10/12/15? Those are FRFR solutions, and many here recommend them highly.

Yamaha HS-8 are studio monitors, and you'd definitely want a pair of those, to go with an audio interface and DAW. The Kemper really does sound great in stereo.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• I was referring to the HS8. The DXR is a bit more than I can afford at the moment. I was thinking about getting a single HS8. I practice at pretty low volumes while my kids are asleep and won’t be using stereo with the band.

That said I’ve been looking at the Gemini and leaning heavily in that direction I’m really intrigued by the Gemini H case too, since it can all come together like a normal head/cab.