Setup/Cables

• Can you please explain what type of cables I will need for the following situations and where they would be plugged into?

1) Recording/practice at home I'm using the powered 'Toaster' head going into my Scarlett interface coming out of studio/headphone monitors. What cable do I use and what inputs would I plug it into on the kemper and the interface?

2) I'm using the powered head into a Xitone MBritt 'Active' cab by itself.

3) I'm using the Active cab and I want to run a line to the front of house at a venue.

This is my first time working with an amp like this so my apologies for the amatuer questions.

• Welcome!

1) Use two 1/4" or XLR cables to connect the Main Outputs to the Scarlett (with the Scarlett input set to Line level)

2) Connect the Monitor Output (not the red "Powered" Output) to the Britt cabinet with a 1/4" cable.

3) like number 2 for your onstage cab
    - if the PA is stereo, connect to the PA like number 1.
    - if the PA is mono, set your Main Output to Mono, and use one cable

• What @paults said above and Welcome!!

• You didn't specify which Scarlett interface you have but if it has S/Pdif, like mine does, you could take advantage of that too for recording. In that case one RCA cable for kemper spdif out to Scarlett spdif in. And if you want to reamp without swapping connections, make that one more RCA cable as well for kemper spdif in to Scarlett spdif out.

• Spdif keeps the signal digital all the way through, which some people like versus converting to analog to go over xlr cables then back to digital by your interface.

Spdif is also a stereo signal over a single cable. If you go into the output menu on the kpa the page where you assign outputs to each jack type shows you the options you have with spdif, such as sending full stereo signal, or wet mono signal on one channel and dry guitar signal on the other, still all going over a single cable and all digital, no conversion.

Since your Scarlett has it, might be worth taking advantage of it, especially since RCA cables don't cost much anyway. Also makes reamping a cinch.