Rig setup questions

• Hello all, I'm just going over my setup and I want to make sure I'm maximizing the kempers potential.

Currently I have a non-powered KPA with a Crown XLS 1002, into a standard Mesa 4x12 cab. I share the XLS power amp with my other guitarist who also uses a non powered KPA.

I've noticed that my output is much quieter despite similar settings and the exact same profiles on our KPAs. The main difference is his Cab is 4ohms where as I've been using the 8ohm input.

So I guess my 2 questions are:

1) Is there anything I need to do with the Crown XLs1002 to optimize it for two people to use
    2) Should I be using the 4ohm input on the Mesa cab instead of the 8ohm for more volume?

• Try the 4 ohm Input - assuming it is not just two of the four speakers, you should hear an increase in volume.

But, if the speakers in his cabinet are more efficient than the speakers in your cabinet, he will still be louder.

For you both to have similar Volume, you would both need to have cabinets with similar speaker efficiency, similar KPA input/output settings, guitars with similar output levels, similar playing technique, and the same input settings on both sides of the amplifier.

• Are the inputs of your 4*12 cab really 4 and 8 Ohm? I guess, that is impossible, as long as all four speakers are involved in both circuits. 4 and 16 Ohm would be possible. Perhaps, what you think to be an 8 Ohm input has 16 Ohm in fact!?

You are mentioning "similar settings". Have you compared the output volumes e. g. Monitor Output Volume? Master Volume itself has no absolute scale. So, for example Master Volume 5.0 could be much louder on one Profiler than on another. The individual output volumes have a dB scale and that is what counts.