It was the free-est of times, it was the worst of times (mix clip)

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I would really like to be able to offer some profiles that I have been keeping stashed away from the community, but as I know, the more free profiles I make, the less anybody is going to appreciate them.

I don't get much feedback either, which is the real damper, because I could really benefit from knowing whether I am on the right track.

In the absence of that, I am putting this profile up for demonstration. If I can get over 10 likes, I will be most happy to put it up for free on the rig exchange. It is a bit of a surprise profile, in the sense that I don't think anyone has copped this kind of tone yet.

If you like what you hear, please let me know what you liked about it. If you didn't let me know what you didn't like. Liking doesn't cost you or me anything, what is this, a pissing contest anyway?

I just want to know that people are open to hearing my interpretation of good tone! If not, well, my ears suck and I should stop putting them up on the site anyway! ;)

(for laughs since I know how uptight the world is nowadays) It's because I'm black, isn't it? :thumbup:

The recording is the Kemper SPDIF stereo into my interface with no processing. Cheers!

EDIT: Here are the two free profiles in a mix setting:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• One thing I'd like to know is whether you're running this through any outboard gear, ie; Neve, API etc. I think a lot of the heavy hitters are, no?

If not, I suspect that would help smooth 'em out and tighten 'em up. Don't get me wrong, it sounds good man.

I'd like to hear it in a mix as well as with a six string. :P;)

• Thanks for the inputs, @808illest and to everyone who liked the post. I realised that I really don't have the engineering skills to do this the right way: can barely put together things in a mix, so rather than waste everybody's time, I thought I would share the rig on the exchange for feedback.

Check it out, it is called Hybrid A .

Thanks again!

• Here's my attempt to fit both profiles in a mix.

External Content soundcloud.com