Recreating delay effect - help needed

• Hi all,

I'm new with the Kemper family, currently profiling and recreating a few tones from my old amp (Line 6 Vetta II) which I need for live performances. I've got all my main clean and crunch sounds together but I'm stuck with one special delay effect which I'm not able to rebuild. I've tried to profile it, but that didn't work out for various reasons.

The tone itself is basically a clean sound with a bit of reverb, chorus and rotary speaker. The song demands that when I hit the delay-stompbox, after a while the echo builds up slowly and starts to distort as it gets louder and louder (it remains at the highest level with a just repeating the pattern endlessly). I used an analog delay model in my Vetta with settings 100% feedback, 50% bass, 50% treble and a delay speed of 570ms.

You can listen to the bit at this link (sorry, poor quality): https://www.dropbox.com/s/ydkt…ue_Vetta_example.mp3?dl=0

I know about the infinity function in the Kemper delay settings, but I just didn't manage to get even close.

I'm thankful for any help and ideas!

• Delays, reverbs, modulation effects cannot be profiled.

Sounds like a typical tape delay. Have you tried the parameters Flutter Intensity, Flutter Rate, and Grit?

Thanks, tape delay helps. Have tried flutter intensity, rate and grit. Still can't get the same evolving noise.

• I tried as well - couldn't get the self-oscillation that you originally have - it was easy to get the noise though with a feedback on 100%. To get some quasi self-oscillation you can play around the the pitchshifter delay algorithm. Perhaps fade it in with a morph.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Yeah. I was actually able to get the self-oscillation with the "legacy delay". Sounds great actually.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Yeah. I was actually able to get the self-oscillation with the "legacy delay". Sounds great actually.

now that you have your setting, you can save it as a preset either by itself or in an effects group and label it "A Delay" or "1 Delay"then it will be at the top of the browse list!

Also, you can start with the settings you have and scroll through the other delay types while retaining your main settings! Of course, for delay types with extra parameters, it either just fills them in or leaves them at zero/stock values. Cheese! Lol