remotely switching ouput settings?

• I am planning to use a Variax, so that even within a song I can switch back and forth between electric and acoustic guitar. However, I currently play with an Orange PPC212 cab on stage, as I like the interaction between the guitar and cab (e.g. for -more or less :) controlled feedback.

Now for acoustic sounds, of course running monitor through the cab will sound shitty.

So what I look for is an idea, enabling me to work with power-amp/cab *and* FRFR (assigning either direct out or one of the main outs to carry the FRFR signal) and *switch between them* with the remote.

The output section is global, so does not switch with rigs. What to do?

_____________________________________________________________________________
    Kemper Player, Seymour Duncan Powerstage, Orange PPC212, Suhr S.Henderson Strat, Fender Ultra Tele, PRS S2 Custom24, Variax JTV-69

• You could try the following: establish a Loop Mono in your Rigs for acoustic guitar e. g. in Module DLY. Leave the Mix in that Effect Loop at 100%. Connect your FRFR to the Direct Out/Send. Set Output Source of Direct Output to "off".

While the loop is active the normal signal chain is interrupted, no signal from the Output Source "Master Mono" of the Monitor Output, which is also feeding the internal power amp. Only the Direct Out/Send has a signal in its capacity as effect loop send.

While the loop is inactive the Direct Output is off and only the Monitor Output and internal power amp have a signal.

This has disadvantages. While the loop is in the DLY Module you cannot use that Module for delay effects. You could place delay effects in the X or MOD Modules, but cannot enjoy spillover in that case. And the REV Module is post that Send. So, you cannot use reverb effects.

• but doesn't that setup also kill the main out (i.e. FOH) signal when the loop is active?

_____________________________________________________________________________
    Kemper Player, Seymour Duncan Powerstage, Orange PPC212, Suhr S.Henderson Strat, Fender Ultra Tele, PRS S2 Custom24, Variax JTV-69

• Yes, the Effect Loop will affect the Monitor out and Main Outputs in a similar way.

Perhaps you could use an expression pedal and assign Monitor Output Volume to it. MIDI control change #73 is the same. When you play acoustic style, just crank down Monitor Output Volume and internal power amp will be muted.