green screen of death arrrrrgh

• You could initialize the flash, it should help.
    Look at Armins description:
    http://www.soundside.de/support/KPARecovery.htm
    That contains cleaning the unit from all rigs...so I hope you have em all stored somewhere.
    The factory rigs do not need another import, you can initialize them from the usual system menu somewhere.
    I guess you should not import too many rigs afterwards, I'd say don't import more than 500.
    Good luck.

• Thanks, i knew this page, and tried the " to erase a flash memory " too

Now I got a 326 error....

• Ihave been thru this hell aswell.
    I emailed a lot with Kemper Support.
    The problem is that with FW 1.05 you can not have more than say 500 rigs in the KPA. More = it freezes as your did.
    They are working for a solution in next FW that should not be far away.....I hope.
    In the mean time I did as you, erased the flash memory and went back to 1.04.
    Now I go thru all Rigs and delete or backup the ones I do not want to use.
    Problem is, this morning I deleted about 20 Rigs. Went out shopping and when I got back there were 45 new Rigs to download :wacko:
    Mike

• The problem is that with FW 1.05 you can not have more than say 500 rigs in the KPA. More = it freezes as your did.

I don't think so... I have 900+ rigs right now on FW 1.0.5. and the KPA is running without a prob. Multiple bootups with no prob. It has to be something else? ?(

• Yes that's right but I think it is a combination of hardware and firmware issue.

Here is the answer I got from KPA support.

"Hi,

It's not a must that there's a coruppted rig,
    we are not quite sure at the moment, but, could be that it's more a matter of to many rigs.
    I've had up to 600-700 rigs on my KPA and never had a problem.
    Do you have more on your's ?

We are testing a new firmware at the moment to fix the problem and will soon put it on our website.�

Sincerely,
    Manfred Franzkowiak

• Here is a comment from another user in another thread on this forum:

"You can load some 400 to 500 rigs and as long as it's not getting more, it should run stable under FW 1.05.

When you try to import more it'll freeze again.

I have now more than 1K rigs inside, with FW 1.04. What I'm after
    actually is to find out wich rigs I like and wich I don't need and I
    hope to get rid of 500 rigs or more, so I can hold the rest and update
    to 1.05 without freeze or crash.

But if you import more than 500 rigs and it works on yours, please tell me about it"

• For some it seems to be no problem to have more rigs, and I have no clue why, if I had I would spread my finding here...but when you had the green screen youmight be among the ones that better have less rigs.So you can go back to 104 or delete some rigs I guess. Or make some tries and find the cause of all the errorrs and tell us all, that would be nice!s

• and now all I get is a "791" error after rebooting, nothing helps - no chance to delete something, make a reset or whatever...

took me 3 hours :(

• Hi
    Perhaps you done this already:
    Put the FW 1.04 on a USB stick and place it at the root, not in the OS directory.
    Put the stick in the KPA. Now press the two < PAGE > buttons at the same time and keep them pressed as you turn the KPA to TUNER.
    It should say "BOOTING FROM USB" or similar.
    Follow the instructions.

Mike

• You did go to the maitenance-menu -> memory -> init and afterwards it still didn't boot? That's bad...You could unplug it from power for 15 minutes and try once again. Another thing is, that any control may it be a button or a wheel could be in a wrong position, button didn't release or knob is parking between contacts, I don't know if something like that's could ever happen to the KPA but I had failures like this with many stuff, midiboards, rackgear, even the microwave in the kitchen....worth a try to touch all knobs.

• I had a similar issue (unfortunately i didn't take a photo because i was in a hurry) two days ago.
    I was running fw 1.05 and working with my midi foot controller and my KPA stopped working with a similar green screen. Just turned off and on, and everything works again.
    This makes me wonder if it is wise to gig with the kpa until the release of a non-beta firmware.

P.S: I don't think i have more than 500 profiles