When you record a new song using Kemper...

• Do you create a performance to store all the different sounds for that song?

I mean, if you come back to the recorded songs some weeks later, how do you keep a record of whats rigs / patches / sounds you have used?

No Gain - No Pain.... :D

• I just record covers at home to upload to YouTube and I'm probably a bit of a Philistine, as I've never dabbled with Performance mode - just stuck with Browser.

I rename the rig based on the song and track, so for example - when covering 'The Only One I know' by The Charlatans, the Bass track would be saved to my Kemper as 'TOOIK Bass'.

If the song name is shorter, I might use the actual name rather than just initials, but scrolling through the letters on the Kemper screen is a bit tedious. I think you can connect a keyboard to it, but I'd like to keep things minimal.

If there are multiple guitar tracks, I usually include the guitar name and pick up position, e.g. 'Song Name Strat Lead Neck'.

If I ever want to play the song again I have the video, Pro Tools session and Kemper rig names to remind me what I used for each track; although, by then I've probably moved on and also my family would probably prefer to not hear me playing the song ever again.