Remote Maintenance needed?

• My profiler remote is a little over two years old. I recently helped someone setting up a brand new KPA with a brand new remote and boy, the switches are pushed so effortlessly while mine are grinding a lot compared to the new ones. I always kept my remote clean and stuff so I'm wondering how to get this new feeling back and how to maintain it. While I need to stomp with a little force the new ones just need to be gently touched and I want that for my remote. :thumbup:

Are yours also grinding a little? How do you guys maintain those things?

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• I cleaned them, then put a LITTLE 3in1 oil on a cloth, wiped the shafts. Then worked the switches until they were smooth again.

That sounds sexy. You really have to work them. Rock ‘n’ Roll! I’m just kiddin' - Right now I’m on holiday and I will try that when back home. Do I have to be careful with the oil, though? I mean like is it able to create a short circuits or stuff? 8)

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• Yup, sexy as hell! (not)

I've done it a couple times, no issues. Couldn't stand that gritty, grinding feeling. Yeah, didn't want to try any kind of spray. It's a VERY light coat. the area to lube is very small and doesn't take much. I put very little on the cloth. Absolutely not enough to make a drip when squeezed.

Learn to Swim

• My cousin just got a KPA / remote and I noticed the same thing, … The buttons are sooo smooth… mine are real gritty and horrible…
    What exactly can I spray and not have to worry that I’m getting oil gunked inside the thing?

• Funny I read this post and then started clicking mine wondering what "smooth" meant cause mine is one of the originals and has been used hardly at all. Seems like a bulletproof tough switch which is good but not smooth, so just wondered. Thanks for the reply.