Electric violin through Profiler, rigs

• Hello,
    I plugged my electric violin (RS Designs, CR5) into Profiler and it sounds very similar to guitar, but distortion gets muddy when use more than 3/10. I'm wondering if anyone has profiled violins or I will need to create my own to share. Thank you, Mike

• hi, I've no experience with strings , but I tweaked a few rigs for my own trumpet and vocal needs, with some success . My approach was to take some very clean profiles ( bass amps and high end preamp such universal audio or neve ) record a riff with my trumpet (loops pedal : hands free ) and tweak until I was satisfied & I eventually was :)

Regarding distorted tones, It was easier to start from the same clean rigs and tweak from my fuzz pedal ( includes boost , EQs , band pass ...) , you could also tweak the amp parameters to adjust shrillness , muddiness, overzl volume, dynamics ...

I'm happy to see that the KPA gets much more exotic usage than just guitars & basses :)

The only instrument that I could not use with my KPA was a synthi AKS, but it's tonal & freq range is way to broad for a guitar amp

Be sure to publish your results on rig ex and clips if you have them.