Sure could use an impulse response converter tool

• Just like it says - I'd like to be able to get some of my favorite cab impulses into the Kemper without having to... oh, I dunno, profile a software cab sim on my PC? Awkward. Going the other direction would be nice too, although I suppose I could always run an impulse through a loopback amp profile running a desired cab model.

Probably not the first person to have mentioned this, I'm sure. Where is the Kemper staff commentary, BTW? Aside from the hardworking user base, Kemper's forum presence feels likes a ghost town with tumbleweeds and doors creaking in the wind.

-djh

Edited once, last by dhodgson ().

• I'm too lazy to read the last thread, but I thought I remembered there was a reason the kemper didn't use normal irs. It makes me wonder if the kemper uses a different type of convolution or execution to capture a cabinet. Maybe the profiling of a cabinet is better on a kemper, but it seems like it would all be the same just a different format. I also have a ton of ir's I would like to use, but maybe they won't sound good.

• My thoughts on this may well be shot down in flames and could be wrong....but make sense to me, so here goes. My guess is that the kemper does use an IR but this is a standard reference IR "built-in" and the parameters that are captured during the profiling process make adjustments to the standard IR to sculpt the sound to replicate the sound that the microphone is hearing.

It may of course be completely different, but that's my view on it......and yes it would be excellent to have a software tool to convert a wav IR to a set of Kemper profile parameters.

• I could almost understand if Kemper didn't want to make it easy to extract something like an impulse out of a kipr - I mean, no sense helping the competition. But the other way? I dunno, maybe the Kemper cabs are a set of EQ matching profiles, or perhaps something more dynamic in nature that wouldn't recognizably round-trip as a similar impulse and Kemper would rather not have people looking at that too closely.

I'm going to try profiling some cab sim plugins this weekend and then extracting their impulses from the Kemper just to see what comes out. I'll report back what I find, unless someone else has already tried this.

-djh