Rig volume - Effects the rig sound / Vs Master volume

• Hello

Well.... I am stil a noob.... so you might forgive me for this :)

Using the Rig volume - Does it effects the rig tone ? for me I think yes, but I am not sure.

My problem is that when I am moving from profile to profile I experiance volume changes. Right now what I do is fix it with the master volume.
    The thing is that it is global. will not be saved with thr profile.
    I know that Rig volume will be kept with the profile.... but it feels to me like touching there is effecting my tone.

Am I wrong ?

thx

• thx

Actualy I didn't perform the procedure yet.... it's still factory settings. I will look into it.
    MNW what is your opinion ? when you reduce the rig volume, do feel a change in the general tone ?

• when you reduce the rig volume, do feel a change in the general tone ?

As the previous user mentioned, this is Fletcher Munson. If you’re not familiar with it, look it up. But basically, your profiles and EQ settings will sound different at different volumes. This is the case with ALL amps (traditional tube amps and the Kemper included). This is why it’s strongly recommended that you turn up to gig volumes and dial in your tones at that point. Otherwise, if you dial in a tone at lower volumes and it sounds good, when you crank it up, it will be noticeably different (usually more high ended in my experience). So if you’re adjusting your rig volume and hearing a change in tone, it’s not necessarily your tone changing. It’s the effects of Fletcher Munson.

• Leveling rigs can be challenging, especially different amps, different gain settings and different authors. Generally I try to match the base Crunch module for volume. Also, I took a tip from Mike Britt and adjust the volume in the Amp module of the rig and save any changes there. (I also use the Amp module volume for morph boosts fwiw). If any of that is not clear, let me know.

Also, be aware there are many places for gain staging, including within effects. If you use and effect and it sounds louder, chances are there is a boost within.