Connect kemper to interface and computer

• Hey everyone ! I would love to start recording very soon. My gear is, the Kemper profiler, the focusrite scarlett 2i2 as an audio interface, my mac book pro, headphones, my guitar two guitar cables and a couple of usb cables. Could you guys tell me where and in what order to connect the whole thing ? I'm way too newly to figure that out and don't want to damage anything. Thanks in advance guys.

• Hey everyone ! I would love to start recording very soon. My gear is, the Kemper profiler, the focusrite scarlett 2i2 as an audio interface, my mac book pro, headphones, my guitar two guitar cables and a couple of usb cables. Could you guys tell me how to connect the whole thing ? I'm way too newly to figure that out and don't want to damage anything. Thanks in advance guys.

Guitar to Kemper input. Kemper main output to Scarlett 2i2 input (best with XLR cables, you can also use regular TS mono cables). Scarlett 2i2 to your MacBook using usb cable. Headphones into Scarlett's HP output.

• I am sorry since this thread looks old and obsolete. But I have this conversation with one of my friends and he seriously believes using S/PDIF out of Kemper for recording is a stupid idea.

I am curious does it still make more sense to use S/PDIF out of device which is all signal process happens in digital instead of having Kemper to convert the digital signal to analogue and then use Scarlett 2i2 or some other device to convert it back to digital again? Doesn't excessive DA/AD conversations hurt the harmonics? Does it make the recording workflow more dependent on cable quality, audio interface quality and possibly noise environment?

I am asking this because I am using Zoom U-44 S/PDIF directly connected to Kemper. Please advice if this is not a good idea.

skoczy