Running Direct with PowerAmp

• I have the Powerhead Toaster, and I was running a mic’d cab at the church I play at.

Due to stage volume and stage reconfiguration, I am now running direct to FOH. I am running an XLR from Main Output (left) to the snake to the soundboard.

Should I be running with my Amplifier ON or OFF? When I turn it off, my profiles seem to lose nearly all their gain, and overall they just don’t sound as good with the poweramp OFF.

Keep in mind I go to a very large church, with a half million dollar sound system, run by a legit sound crew. So I’m not going into low end equipment.

Help guys?

• So maybe it's just the sound coming through my ears that's being changed? Because without a doubt, when I engage the power amp, it's becomes more crisp in clarity and the gain increases/saturates.

I'm not questioning your ears. You could have a faulty unit.

Firstly, the signal going coming out of the mains and the signal going into the KPAs power-amp should be the same (check signal sources).
    Second, even if they are not that shouldn't matter. A poweramp should never mess with its input signal. Whether it is on or off should only affect its output, and that output is never fed back to the KPAs signal-chain.

• The signals of MAIN OUTPUTS and SPEAKER OUTPUT are independent. The signals of MONITOR OUTPUT and SPEAKER OUTPUT are not independent as the line level signal of the MONITOR OUTPUT is feeding the internal power amp. What you describe sounds like you are feeding FOH from the MONITOR OUTPUT.