connecting powered speakers to

• In the manual there a back panel overview of the Profiler Head with a B/W picture. In the upper left there is the (red) Speaker Output (but this name is missing!)
    It's the place to connect a passive cab which output level is controlled within the Monitor section in the Output menu.

The manual says that the mono Monitor Output is used for connecting a stage monitor with its own levels controls. But nowhere there info about the Speaker Output.
    If I read some topics about this issue then I'm very confused when someone says that you also can connect an active speaker to this powered output. In the beginning I did this several times, unknowing what it could cause.And then I saw replies that it could damage your gear. Luckily everything still is working fine.
    And so I can go on...but it's very confusing.

Anyway, how (where) really to connect safely 2 powered speakercabs for my backline to the Powerhead (with the benefit of stereo fx from the rigs)? Can it be done and having the two main outs left for going FOH with the same stereo results?

I was thinking of using XLR main outs to mixing desk for FOH and jack main outs at the same time for the powered speakers on stage (with their own volume levels) but I wonder if this is possible without damaging.

• From the Manual
    Main Output
    Use MAIN OUTPUT L and R to connect to a mixing desk in a recording studio, or to the front-of-house mixer in a live situation. You have a choice of XLR (balanced) or quarter-inch TS-jacks (unbalanced).

Run the 1/4 inch L&R main out with guitar cables to the powered speakers. Run the XLR L&R to FOH.

 Main Out -12 dB
    Whenever the device connected to the MAIN OUTPUT XLR or TS jacks (e.g. mixing desk or audio interface) indicates too much level coming from the Profiler, or there is the need to set the Main Volume to less than -12 dB, then activate the Main Output Pad to reduce the signal level of the MAIN OUTPUT by 12 dB. This increases the range of the MAIN OUTPUT Volume control and preserves the signal-to-noise ratio of the MAIN OUTPUT. 8)

• This works like a charm. In this way you can benefit the stereo outputs from the Main Outs and the stereo outputs coming from Direct Out and Monitor Out combined as well.

For this you need to tick Monitor Stereo above Direct Output in the Output Menu (if you don't there's no sound!). Set the Monitor Out to Master left and the Direct Out to Master right.

Now you can control volumes of Main Outs for FOH and Direct/Monitor Outs separately and independenly for your backline powered speakers. .

• From the Manual
    Main Output
    Use MAIN OUTPUT L and R to connect to a mixing desk in a recording studio, or to the front-of-house mixer in a live situation. You have a choice of XLR (balanced) or quarter-inch TS-jacks (unbalanced).

Run the 1/4 inch L&R main out with guitar cables to the powered speakers. Run the XLR L&R to FOH.

 Main Out -12 dB
    Whenever the device connected to the MAIN OUTPUT XLR or TS jacks (e.g. mixing desk or audio interface) indicates too much level coming from the Profiler, or there is the need to set the Main Volume to less than -12 dB, then activate the Main Output Pad to reduce the signal level of the MAIN OUTPUT by 12 dB. This increases the range of the MAIN OUTPUT Volume control and preserves the signal-to-noise ratio of the MAIN OUTPUT. 8)

Thanks for the information.