Help! rigs disappeared

• Hi all,

last night i programmed some rigs and stored them under the names ".Fxxxxxx" (first a point, then letter F and then various characters including blanks and special chars).

Today i cannot find these rigs in the browser. I made a backup and inspected the backup file on my PC. None of my rigs found in the backup file.

I hope the files are not lost and someone can help me please!!!
    (i remember some Problem report regarding special chars in filenames, but i cannot find it)

My firmware is 1.06 Beta

Any help and hint is very much appreciated
    Holz27

• i did some testing:

storing some rig under the new name ".F9" then you find this new rig in the browser. then switch off KPA and start again. rig named ".F9" can no longer be found.
    doing the same procedure with new rig name "F.9" shows no problems. Rig can be found in browser also after rebooting the KPA.

Is this bug only in my firmware version 1.06 or can you reproduce it under other versions?

Is it possible to get my files back ??????????
    Please help if you have any idea ...
    this is a one night rig programming effort for a gig next saturday :(

• Hi
    And you have checked that they are not in the end of the list?
    I could not find some rigs until I realised that rigs spelled in small letters is saved in the end of the list.
    Mike

• After creating the rigs (with point '.' as first letter) the rigs can be found at beginning of list (when sorted by name). After reboot the rigs are gone and cannot be found, not at the beginning nor at the end!!

Can someone reproduce this bug and confirm my observations?

• I haven't had a chance to test this yet but a dot at the beginning of a filename means to hide that file in some filesystems. That may be true of the Kemper filesystem as well.

• I haven't had a chance to test this yet but a dot at the beginning of a filename means to hide that file in some filesystems. That may be true of the Kemper filesystem as well.

Exactly. The file .filename is a hidden file. When you store it first, it should be in the RAM and browsable. While booting those files are not recognized and therefor not loaded.
    Make a backup, rename it from .kipr into .tar, unpack it and see if you can rename the rig and load ist via USB stick.

• Exactly. The file .filename is a hidden file. When you store it first, it should be in the RAM and browsable. While booting those files are not recognized and therefor not loaded.
    Make a backup, rename it from .kipr into .tar, unpack it and see if you can rename the rig and load ist via USB stick.

thanks for your hints. I made a backup but couldn't find the my rigs .filename, only the original factory rigs :(
    Is there some other idea, how i could restore the hidden files?

• I want to let you know that this bug was confirmed by the Kemper support team and will be fixed in a future release. This means do not start rig names with a point!
    Until now there is no idea from support how to restore the disappeared rigs.