Baked Potato gig Saturday night in LA area - Y'all Come!

• If any of you guys in the LA area are interested: I will be playing two sets at the infamous Baked Potato in N. Hollywood with some of my Koinonia bandmates, and some special guests including Tony Maiden (guitarist with Rufus & Chaka Khan), and Bill Cantos - singer and keyboardist extraordinaire. I believe the showtimes are 9 and 11pm - please join us! :) And get there early for the best seating, and enjoy an excellent Baked Potato prepared to your liking - Yum! 8o

Excuse my oversight - the performance is this Saturday night!

All modelers known to man 8o

Edited once, last by Radley ().

• Koinonia at Montreux

Although this was 25 years ago, the band still plays with the same fire and feel! 8o

The guitarist is just pure class!! Awesome, even for a more Rock-oriented guy like myself. :P
    Great tone as well.
    What amp did ya use back then to get this tone? Stock Gibson pickups on that Custom?
    (yes, I know - tone is in your fingers. But I'm always interested in gear used by pros)

• The guitarist is Radley :)
    Amazing performance!

• Noo, sorry my bad :) Didn't read your post carefully + i'm not a native speaker.

• Thanks guys - That video was done in 1985 at the Montreux Jazz Festival. My Les Paul had the stock pu's and I was playing through a rented SF Super-Reverb amp - I believe I was using a modified MXR Distortion II for the solo sounds. Schneidas - I also own a '64 Super Reverb that I bought new (when I was 4 years old) :rolleyes: - they're excellent! Hope to try your SR rig soon (it's already in my KPA) 8o

• Thanks guys - That video was done in 1985 at the Montreux Jazz Festival. My Les Paul had the stock pu's and I was playing through a rented SF Super-Reverb amp - I believe I was using a modified MXR Distortion II for the solo sounds. Schneidas - I also own a '64 Super Reverb that I bought new (when I was 4 years old) :rolleyes: - they're excellent! Hope to try your SR rig soon (it's already in my KPA) 8o

Thanks for the info, Radley! Cool stuff. Do you happen to remember what it was you modified with the MXR Distortion II? Anything in the circuit to make it clearer? (I'm just very curious, I guess :P )
    That's really an awesome lead tone in that gig there! The LP sounds warm and full, yet with a clear almost singlecoilish voice (nevermind, I'm not good at describing sounds! All I know is, what I'm hearing sounds awesome!) :)

• Thanks for the info, Radley! Cool stuff. Do you happen to remember what it was you modified with the MXR Distortion II? Anything in the circuit to make it clearer? (I'm just very curious, I guess :P )
    That's really an awesome lead tone in that gig there! The LP sounds warm and full, yet with a clear almost singlecoilish voice (nevermind, I'm not good at describing sounds! All I know is, what I'm hearing sounds awesome!) :)

The mod I did on the Distortion II widened the treble boost pre-EQ, so it had a fuller and less pointed overdrive. If you actually own one, I can show you on a schematic what to change (it's only one capacitor) :P

• Hadley

Brilliant performance on that video.

They don't make their guitars like that anymore, that's for sure. ;)

A solid chunk of mahogany, neck pickup, Super Reverb, what a tone!!!

The Treble Boost on the KPA does a good job with a LP neck pickup.

• Schneidas: Not for yours truly - I'm a player, not a collector. 8) The guitar is about 20 times more versatile now - it's still my main studio axe. The addition of a strat-sounding middle PU and a complex switching arrangement was the key...

Edited once, last by Radley ().

• Not for yours truly - I'm a player, not a collector. 8) The guitar is about 20 times more versatile now - it's still my main studio axe. The addition of a strat-sounding middle PU and a complex switching arrangement was the key...

No offense meant on what I said.
    I have modified quite a few guitars myself and ruined their intrinsic value. :P
    I only meant that to me it looked much nicer before.
    That pic reminds me of a futuristic looking LP that Lester Polfus used to play at a time...