acoustic guitar rigs

• Ahoi,

I was close to buy an acoustic amp but then I discovered the KPA. Acoustic and electric amp in one and in best quality?! I tried the acoustic rigs (Schertler, AER, Fishman...) but what I got is a deep-dead-hollow-electric sound...not really usful for an acoustic guitar. Only when I turn of the amp and cabinet and just use the equalizer - then it`s okay...not more, but then I can use any other amp/rig as well....f.e. the jazz clean rig...turn off the amp/cabinet and just use the equalizer....makes no sense, right?
    I am a bloody beginner and normally it`s my fault....too stupid to use the technique ;)
    I guess you made other experiences right? Let me know...

cheers...

• I think those rigs are usable. Did you compare it with a real ac GTR amp?

Or maybe the mic the aurthor using is not match for ac GTR AMP, a condenser mic would be nice. I saw him using a MD 421 in one rig.

• Hi

I have not finished my tests yet with the Kemper yet. In the Moment I use just an Boss AD3 premap in front of my active Fullrange monitor box (was Yamaha DXR 10, now EV EXL1112p) and get a sound as good or even betteras the AER 60 but with much more power reserve. As the AD30 actually provide a 2 Band parametric eq; Reverb and Chorus the Kemper should fulfil all these tasks as well, apart from the automatic Feedback detection of the AD3. In addition you have the compressor in the Kemper. When I get further I will come back. For me it makes not really sense to profile acoustic amps which are more or less the same as an active fullrange system with effects and EQ.

All the best

• maybe it makes no sense to profile an acoustic amp...I don`t know....I don`t have live experiences...
    I will get a Cromacord acoustic amp in 1-2 days and I try to profile it...let`s see what happens...

thanks...

• I've used them in a live situation. I've found that they sound very thin and pretty much ruins my Aer ak15+ powered Stonebridge D23cr. I didn't have enough time to tweak the profiles a tad more. But that was my and my sound engineers first impressions.

• May I ask by what means you are carrying you acoustic guitar to the KPA, piezo? Mic? Magnetic pick up? transducer?

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I am a big fan of the Fishman Aura technology. Planning to profile my first generation Aura preamp with my favourite Esteve file for classical guitar soon. Just for curiousity, as the KPA is much bigger (and heavier) than the Aura. And for my kind of touring size matters most.

Will post it on the Rig exchange.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• My versions (DP Piezo) where made for use with Piezo and active preamp (Ovation). Been using them Live the all time and always been happy with it...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I have a totally different experience, I tried the Acoustic A/B/C/D/E profiles by M. Franzkowiak that are included in Rig Pack4 and they were better than my AER Cube 60. In currently use QSC K12 as my monitor and an acoustic guitar with undersaddle pick up. Although I didn't like the highs of QSC for distortion initially but somehow I managed to tweak the highs so I'm ok now. In addition I also tried the same rig using an Alto T112a when I auditioned it, the sound was still better than my AER acoustic amp. However I tried the AER profile in the KPA and I didn't like it so I erased it.