Matrix FRFR 1x12 Coaxial solution!

• OK Guys looks like the cat is out of the bag!

Matrix Amplification are working on a 1x12 coaxial wedge. I had the pleasure of testing a prototype at home and with my band for a week. This thing kills. It's portable and loud, the response was very flat, it just sounded great with the KPA at all volume levels. There doesn't appear to be much info out on the web yet but it shouldn't be too long!

It's worth saying that the quality of both the amp and speaker are top drawer, I can see this working for many people looking for a guitar based FRFR.

Here is a pic to keep you entertained until more info becomes available :)

[Blocked Image: http://matrixguitaramplificati…012/03/IMG_7210-small.jpg]

Check Matrix FB page for more info :)

http://www.facebook.com/MatrixAmplification

I have a video of the KPA with the FRFR but I can't make it public, if you'd like to see then PM your Youtube details and I'll share it.

Rock on!

Spence

• Spence, you've just made my day.
    I was strongly considering buying one of the RCF wedges, but this sounds like a great solution what with all the great reviews on their amps etc.

Their amps are superb, I own a GT800FX and it really sounds great! This speaker and the GM50 work so well together, sounds like you are playing through a guitar cab and that's all I could ask for!

• For a moment I thought you had given the link to the Fractal Facebook page...it took me a while to realize it wasn't. ;)
    Are Matrix part of Fractal or an independent company?

If you can't make the video public then it means the cat is still in the bag. :D

• For a moment I thought you had given the link to the Fractal Facebook page...it took me a while to realize it wasn't. ;)
    Are Matrix part of Fractal or an independent company?

If you can't make the video public then it means the cat is still in the bag. :D

Haha, yeah there is certainly a lot of fractal talk going on there, however, I can assure you that they are an independent company who have the customer's requirements firmly in their sights. I wouldn't get bogged down in the Facebook page too much, their products are great and work just as well with all modelling solutions :)

Spence

• Their amps are superb, I own a GT800FX and it really sounds great! This speaker and the GM50 work so well together, sounds like you are playing through a guitar cab and that's all I could ask for!

I hope this come out soon, I am wanting to get something soon.

• Do you know anything about the weight please ? I'm sure it will still be too much for me anyway :-((

Pretty sure the prototype was around the 20kg mark, obviously this is not the final figure as there will likely be changes made before it's finalised.

Regards

Spencer

• I've not tried the nx 12sma which seems to be the RCF cab that many people are liking for FRFR. I have owned a QSC HPR122i, FBT verve 12ma, RCF 310A and some of the previous choice speakers and I can say that the Matrix sounds more like what I'm used to hearing from a guitar rig. I also did some tests against my Adam 7x monitors and I could easily go between the two and have a consistent tone between the two, I didn't find this with other speakers.

Spence

• Matrix is taking the guitar world very very serious. They have the knowledge, experience and the customer orientation. I just love this new FRFR development. A proven amp with high quality coaxial driver and dito xover. I am not into wedges but this opens the door for traditional cabinets 1x12 or 2x12 with a tilted baffle and powered or unpowered. Halleluya!!!

As I said many times before. Just follow the white rabbit..and you will be a happy guppy!

Lightninboy and Xpenno thanks for all the work, testing and advising the Matrix crew. I am sure the result will be louder then a Atomic Bomb :)

Also thanks to the Moderators here. No threads, no deleting, no BS. Thanks for that and the laid back atmosphere here.

DADA: waiting for the 19'" version and ffootcontroller of the KPA.

• The other question will be concerning the price of that beast....maybe a scaring price :p

Anyway, I just watched your video link, and I must confess I can hear that it sounds like a guitar traditional amp..Maybe it feels like a guitar amp too... omg I want it !!!

• The other question will be concerning the price of that beast....maybe a scaring price :p

Anyway, I just watched your video link, and I must confess I can hear that it sounds like a guitar traditional amp..Maybe it feels like a guitar amp too... omg I want it !!!

Thanks for the comments on the clip, glad you liked it. I doubt it's going to be a budget solution as those B&C drivers aren't cheap! As long as it's not crazy money it's going to be a real winner!

• Considering what these wedges have in them, they will be VERY reasonably priced. Don't forget you also have the option of putting some of their modules in an existing cabinet. Bruno I know you need something light. I will be in contact with you, as you are a f******ing genius, and I know you know good tone. I will have some Matrix amps to demo in the LA area very soon. There will be lots of great opportunities for Kemper users to use Matrix products.

Fat Pete

• Thanks Sir :)

Considering what these wedges have in them, they will be VERY reasonably priced. Don't forget you also have the option of putting some of their modules in an existing cabinet. Bruno I know you need something light. I will be in contact with you, as you are a f******ing genius, and I know you know good tone. I will have some Matrix amps to demo in the LA area very soon. There will be lots of great opportunities for Kemper users to use Matrix products.

Fat Pete