Matrix FRFR 1x12 Coaxial solution!

• What confuses me is it seems like the gm50 is seperate, but will be offered with the wedge as well. It seems like you would just sell the wedge as a powered speaker and not sell the gm50 alone. Anyways, I don't know, but I hope these come out soon. So does anyone know why these will be superior to previous powered speakers? Is it the range of them or what makes them better than a guitar speaker? A lot of people have said stay clear of FRFR, because they don't push air. So I'm clueless, but I'm willing to learn if someone will enlighten me? Should I sell my cabinet and go FRFR?

Thanks!!!!

• The GM50 was designed for adding power to a standard cab. Simply take a 4x12 (or any other guitar cab (or in fact any other FRFR cab/speaker)) cut a small whole out the back, screw in the GM50 and you now have a fully powered cab ready to rock and roll! It's not just designed for FRFR use, it's like a cutdown GT800FX that you can integrate/retrofit into your cab of choice. One less thing to carry about etc..

Spence

• FRFR can push air, some people find that the experience of playing through FRFR not as gratifying as a 4x12. Luckily we have options, try both and see which you prefer, it's the only way. For what it's worth I've been able to push plenty of air with FRFR. Some people prefer valves some can make the move to digital, people are always going to have a preference.

Spence

• I've once connected the KPA directly to 4 x 15" FRFR boxes (we where mounting the PA) and I've never heard a cab moving that much air.... 8o

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I'm still confused about what's the difference between frfr and guitar speakers? I know frfr are supposed to not color the sound, but technically I don't understand the difference.

• I'm still confused about what's the difference between frfr and guitar speakers? I know frfr are supposed to not color the sound, but technically I don't understand the difference.

FR essentially has a tweeter and covers the full audio spectrum as opposed to a guitar speaker that focuses on the mid frequencies of the guitar.

As others have said, a guitar speaker is specifically designed to make guitar sound good, this is great with a real amp. When using something like the KPA you have a speaker emulation built in. The advantage of an FRFR system is that because it reproduces all frequencies evenly it lets the KPA emulate the frequency response of each speaker profiled, thus you can now change both amp and cab. If you go into a guitar cab you can only chance the amp.

I think that makes sense :)

Spence

• I guess I could spend some time researching. I was curious more from a technical aspect. What makes the magnets and cones different to accommodate for this. I want to make sure these are not new marketing ploys and we are getting a new design of speaker that is specifically going to meet the need of these new devices. For example I read somewhere these have further ranges now, but my question is were we currently experiencing the full spectrim of ranges before? By ranges I meaning higher decibels to lower decibels. In essence why are the old designs not adequate. I have heard FRFR speakers before and they sounded flat and stale, but that was with an axefx. I also have read on here that the FRFR speakers are just not any good. If they are achieving the full range and response then I don't see why they wouldn't have the thump. Maybe with the axe it was stale, because of the axe. I know I'm playing my kemper through some cheap monitors now and it sounds incredible. Anyways I guess a normal speaker cabinet is actually vibrating based on the analog signal from poweramp preamp and the frfr is vibrating based on a digital interpretation of the signal to real world vibrations. Maybe this is just too far above my mind!!!!

• B & C speakers are supurb

Here's a full spec sheet of the coax 12 " speakers used in the matrix 1 x 12 Coax cab here:

Its got to be one of these two:

http://www.bcspeakers.com/product.php?id=78

http://www.bcspeakers.com/product.php?id=167

Think Tannoy Coaxial for a perspective of the type of sound these can achieve. They are Phase coherent and time aligned

• Just good European quality parts. Way to go Matrix! Another company who cares for their custumors demands and deliver the highest quality for an acceptable price. Class A/B and the best coaxial available in the market.

This will be much much and much better then this this CLR thingy from China. And if there is no high quality Frazier build coaxiel driver in it, my question is what coaxial and who's Class D amp module is in it? Will we ever know?

Matrix just proudly tells us what they use and where it is made. Simple honest information without any BS.

• It's the B&C HCX76 just to clarify. Have also got the mark 2 design of the "box" which is even smaller than the mk1. Will be A/B ing the two today! Woo hoo! 8)

Guitar elf and demonstrator for Matrix Amplification

• Lightninboy, you must having a blast!

What is this MK 1 and 2 thing your talking about?
    Are you still liking the KPA. Also compared with the Snax?
    And when will these wedges hit the markt?

Have fun,

Cheers