Using 4 Cable Method

• the 4 cable method would be useless for this situation unless you meant use your amps preamp and poweramp in which case that would make the kemper redundant except for fx . Just plug the kemper output to the return jack on the back of your amp and your good to go :)

• I just want to be able to play the kemper through a cab. Currently I don't have a poweramp, so i figured 4 cable method was the way to go in this situation.

• When you want to use the heads preamp, side-by-side with the internal preamps, only then the 4cm is needed.
    You then have to place the KPA's fx-loop at one of the four slots before the ampblock:

Guitar -> KPA-Input -> (Loop: KPA-send -> amp-input...amps preamp....amp's send -> KPA's return) -> KPA's monitorout -> amp'S return.

You then need to (turn of the KPAs ampblock and switch the loop to on) to use the amp's preamp or (let the loop turned off and the KPAs ampblock turned on) to use the KPAs preamp.

The internal cabsim of the kpa can be turned off for the monitor output. Cab is still turned on then for the master outs, so you can send a cabless signal to your amp and same time a di signal to the mixingconsole.

When you don't need the real amp's preamp and take preampsounds from the KPA only, then you don't need the loop-part form above.

Guitar -> KPA-Input -> (Loop: ) -> KPA's monitorout -> amp's return.

• When I do the guitar>kemper input then kemper monitor out>amps effects return. I get no sound coming out of my cab. The 4 cable method didn't work right either.

• Check if the amp fx loop is serial (plug a dummy in the send) or parallel (raise the mix). You also need to make a System cache reset (sorry Timo) before you get sound from the monitor out the first time: boot keeping "System" pressed 'till you see "initializing..bla, bla, bla" on the display, then you can release it.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• When I do the guitar>kemper input then kemper monitor out>amps effects return. I get no sound coming out of my cab. The 4 cable method didn't work right either.

I had this happen to me with my blackstar amp the only way i found around this was plug a dummy cable into the blackstar amp input. Ive no idea if this would work with your amp but its worth trying. Every amp Ive had except for the blackstar works just with one cable into the return. Also try using the L output of the kemper and see if that works as i know there was an issue at one point with the monitor out not working for some people