Partial stomp invert

• Hi all,

i want to tell you a little story about my way of playing music in a cover band and how partial stomp invert could make my life easier.

we have a setlist of approx. 70 songs. For each song i have typically one rig. I need a switch to change between rythm and lead sound. This should always be the same switch independent of the stomps being switched on/off.

I don't like having various switches for different stomps because i cannot remember which stomps to switch in 70 songs to get the programmed lead sounds. Therefore i need one switch which changes between rhytm and lead (the so called partial stomp invert. eg. CC#40).

The "partial stomp invert" should work like the stomp invert, but only on stomps being marked as switchable by partial stomp invert. All effects (stomps, x, mod, delay and reverb) should have this flag in their menu.

This feature would allow to program some FX not being marked as invertable. These FX would be active during rythm and lead sounds. Other fX could be marked as invertable and can be switched on/off for lead sound by pressing this special switch CC#40!

If you have other ideas how to program this behaviour with already existing KPA features, your ideas are greatly welcome.

• I already do it switching boost (on B) and Eq (on X) on. Understand your point, but I believe that if you lock the FX you don't want to change, when you invert they should stay on. Not shure but worth a try (cannot try it myself now)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I already do it switching boost (on B) and Eq (on X) on. Understand your point, but I believe that if you lock the FX you don't want to change, when you invert they should stay on. Not shure but worth a try (cannot try it myself now)

do you mean to switch some stomps with "stomp invert" and lock some other stomps. I do not know such a lock feature, can you please explain?

• Keep pressed the desired Stomp button to access the menu and press "lock". Now that stomp will stay even if you change rig.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• i'm sorry but this is a misunderstanding. For each rig i need other stomps to be active permanent and to be switched on/off for lead. e.g.

rig1: comp+eq+reverb permanent and delay+od switchable for lead
    rig2: reverb permanent and delay+mod switchable for lead

• +1. Exactly, what I was thinking about. This "stomp" invert function will be MUCH more useful and powerful, if we are able to configure each of the FX slots either 'inverted' or not, by this switch, PER patch. I guess that implementing this should be no-brainer, given the functions the KPA already has.

BTW, I like the simple idea of KPA having the FX slots linked to CCs :).

• guitarnet70. thx for your hints. This seems to be the only approach to bridge this gap at the moment.

In the medium term i would prefer to have all programming in one place, which should be the rig itself

As soon as the KFC comes out it should be feasable

• A different way to achieve this, is to have a bank for every song. Then change the rig when you want to go from rhythmn to lead, to bridge for instance. That would mean a max of 4 sounds per song, with more stompbox versatility than a single rig. Just switch from left to right throughout the song, no need to remember which stomps to use. It's exactly how John Mayer does it.