Midi moose

• How do I use the tech 21 midi moose with kemper. How to hook up what midi Chanel. I have tried everything switching midi channels on midi moose and then the kemper to match. I can't figure it out. Hooked it up to midi out and then midi through. Nothing works.

Edited once, last by chiggs ().

• Before buying the Kemper remote, I first tried the Tech 21 Midi Mongoose, very similar to the Moose. They make great stuff, built like a tank.

Midi out of the Mongoose to Midi in on the Kemper. What I'm guessing is tripping you up is a fundamental concept. The Browser doesn't respond to Program Change (PC) messages (which is all the pedal sends, at least for the Mongoose). Only Performances can be navigated.

Each performance has five slots, and you can load a different profile in each one. Each slot has an automatically assigned Midi PC number. Here's how it works:

Performance 1

Slot 1: PC 1

Slot 1: PC 2

Slot 1: PC 3

Slot 1: PC 4

Slot 1: PC 5

Performance 2

Slot 1: PC 6

Slot 1: PC 7

Slot 1: PC 8

Slot 1: PC 9

Slot 1: PC 10

and so on.

And I'm working from memory so this last part may be off, but I believe that a slot has to have a profile assigned to it or it just ignores the PC.

Anyway, make sure you have profiles assigned in all five slots of Performance 1, then make sure your Moose is starting at 1, and your first five buttons should then change the slots on that Performance.

I spent money on the Kemper remote because it does a lot more than a regular Midi pedal does and is tailored to the Kemper - it's very nicely done. That said, the Mongoose worked perfectly with the Kemper for me, so if this doesn't get you going let me know and we'll do more debugging.

Oh, and I hate to mention the obvious, but be prepared to swap out Midi cables. The Mongoose didn't work for me right out of the box and it was actually a bad Midi cable. Second cable worked perfectly. D'oh! :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• That worked thank u had to put a battery in it and worked. Was giving phantom power on the midi out and through just not midi in that’s why I didn’t think it worked.