Tone Matching & Playing thru Cab

• Just sharing some ideas I had on album tone matching and being to play thru a cabinet, have tried this technique out with some success it definitely could do with some tweaking to achieve closer results.

My thoughts were when doing Eq Tone matching from an isolated guitar track on an ablum in a daw using plugins like izotope, fabfilter etc you are capturing the whole signal amp-cab-mic-post processing, and the kemper matches these well and we can disable the cab on profile that can work close but It occurred

to me that it could be possible to make a direct+merged profiles of the album tone by removing your cabinet from the tone matched signal in the daw using a sine sweep sent thru a clean solid state power amp into the cab then mic, capturing this Eq curve in the daw and then matching it to the album tone match curve.

The end result is the Album tone minus the sound of your cabinet, and when playing this back thru the power amp and cab creates something close to the album tone match.

Sorry bit long winded in the explanation there and I realise there is so many variables that go into this stuff ie mic pre's, power amps, speaker frequency range, mic placement....all the good stuff

But was just curious to see if any one else had tinkered with this and had any usable results.

Cheers and Beers