OD pedal placement

• I bought a Kemper so I can learn to play guitar after my kids go to sleep (and sound as good as possible doing so ;)). I love it! I'm not in love with the soft shaper or green scream, and I can't leave well enough alone, so I decided to try an OD pedal with the Kemper. I got a JHS double barrel, and I love it too!

The morning glory side is really great for just adding some edge and extra dynamics. I also find the tone control gives easy access to tones I had a hard time dialing in with just the Kemper. Anyways, I have been running it before the Kemper, but I really miss having a compressor in slot A for rhythm.

Has anyone had good luck with using the effects loop for OD pedals? That way I could continue to use the Kemper compressor. Or I could add a compressor pedal and start building an actual pedal board. Part of me thinks buying more pedals will become a rabbit hole. An expensive rabbit hole. Any advantages either way?

• Anyways, I have been running it before the Kemper, but I really miss having a compressor in slot A for rhythm.

Why can't you use a Compressor in Slot A with a pedal in front to the KPA?

Is it because you want the Compressor before the Distortion?

If you want the Compressor before the Distortion, try putting the KPA Compressor in Slot A, and an FX Loop (set to Distortion Loop) in Slot B.