Noobie questions - File management/Navigation

• OK, I've had my Kemper for under a month, and it's a home run. Need some guidance as I'm developing workflows and just wrapping my brain around using this efficiently:

1. Say I'm playing a paid profile (TopJimi JTM 45 for example) and I love it, but I'd like to tweak in a few different ways. I place 4 stomps with my own settings, I add a little compression in the stack section, I put an EQ after the stack in the X slot, come up 1 on the gain.

Now I want to save this. Do I rename it? Replace the original in the Kemper and keep the original one in my Rig manager? Do I only edit in performance mode?

I'm sure everyone does this a little differently, and there may be no "right" answer.

2. Something weird happens (100% user error) when I make a few profiles of my own amps in a row, with the naming of the amp, cab, and profile, where I end up with only the last amp, and then a bunch of tags are from another profile. Any tips on preventing this from happening?

Thank you!

• Definitely preference. If I am not going to use the base profile again I place them in a folder and keep the current one on the Kemper. I save the name with some designation that it was changed. I always remove the naming convention of the original and stick with my format..but that's just me. Your Kemper will operate fine with a bunch of profiles. I minimize to about 300 or so on the machine and everything else in the Rig Manager Folders.

When you make your first profile edit the fields. Go to browser, switch to another profile and then back. Make sure all you edits took and then profile from that one. It becomes very tedious if something happens and you have to go back through 20 plus profiles editing tags. Been there done that.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup: